LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Changes are in the works at the Stratosphere hotel-casino in Las Vegas.
The iconic property on Las Vegas Boulevard will be getting an upgrade and rebrand to The STRAT hotel, casino, and Skypod, according to owner Golden Entertainment.
“The Stratosphere is a Las Vegas icon, so in acquiring the property we chose to preserve that quality while also reimagining the resort through a comprehensive remodel that spans from the tower to the main casino floor,” said Steve Arcana, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Golden Entertainment. “We have developed a new brand that speaks to the fun and excitement of this grand transformation, and we are thrilled to announce The STRAT.”
The casino operator will also start a marketing campaign during the Super Bowl that will include "Strat Rising" TV commercials - announcing the changes and showcasing the Top of the World restaurant.
Golden purchased the property, located at 2000 South Las Vegas Blvd., in 2017 and began the renovations last year:
- In June, introduced a new Baccarat gaming pit with six tables.
- In August, unveiled the “Elevate” room series, a complete remodel of 311 rooms with new décor, furniture, and amenities designed by award-winning architectural firm, Friedmutter Group.
- In September, introduced an entirely new menu at the top of the World restaurant with a new list of craft cocktails.
- In November came the opening of the new 4,465-square-foot Strat Café & Wok.
- In December, finalized a full remodel of Top of the World restaurant.
- In late December, debuted 108 Eats by James Trees, located on the 108th-floor Observation Deck.
Along with the rebrand of the hotel, The STRAT has announced SkyPod. This will include everything at the top of the tower: Top of the World, located on the 106th floor; 107 SkyLounge, located on the 107th floor, the Observation Deck, 108 Eats by James Trees and 108 Drinks, situated on the 108thfloor; and thrill rides and attractions, located at the top of the tower, including: Sky Jump, Big Shot, Insanity and X-Scream.
The property evolution will also continue in 2019 with the introduction of BLVD & Main Taphouse; View Lounge, offering a full bar and signature cocktails with views of the casino floor; and a fully-upgraded race and sports book.
See more of the STRAT