A recent WalletHub study named Las Vegas the 6th best city in America for Valentine's Day.
The average person will spend $136.57 for their sweetheart during the holiday, so the study crunched the numbers to determine the most romantic and affordable city. WalletHub researchers compared the 100 largest U.S. cities across 20 key metrics, including "florists per capita, "number of attractions," and "cost of a three-course meal for two."
Here's how Las Vegas did:
- 29th – Avg. Ticket Price for Valentine’s Day Party
- 49th – Cost of Three-Course Meal for Two
- 4th – Restaurants per Capita
- 1st – Number of Attractions
- 8th – Jewelry Stores per Capita
- 10th – Florists per Capita
- 9th – Greeting-Card Stores & Gift Shops per Capita
San Francisco, California took first place for having plenty of activities for couples on Valentine's Day and for a high "gift accessibility" rank. Hialeah, Florida came in last, though North Las Vegas wasn't far off at 95th place.