If you weren't aware, Dec. 1 is World Aids Day and several organizations around the Las Vegas valley are bringing awareness to the fight against HIV/AIDS and honoring those affected by the disease for World AIDS Day.
Here's a list of a few World AIDS Day activities happening in the Las Vegas area:
Community Counseling Center and Golden Rainbow open house
2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
714 E. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas
First Friday - Free HIV and syphilis testing
5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Downtown Las Vegas
Mobile Testing Unit
Free Rapid HIV Testing
9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Southern Nevada Health District Sexual Health Clinic
280 S. Decatur. Blvd., Las Vegas
Keeping the Promise: AHF 30 years - Free documentary screening
7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
The Mob Museum
3000 Stewart Ave., Las Vegas
NAMES project AIDS memorial quilt
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada
401 S. Maryland Pkwy., Las Vegas
Also on Dec. 1, many Las Vegas landmarks will turn their marquees red at 8 p.m. to show support for people living with HIV/AIDS in the community.
Here's a list of supporting properties:
- Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Caesars Palace
- Downtown Summerlin
- Fashion Show
- Flamingo Las Vegas
- Fremont Street Experience
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Harrah's Las Vegas
- Keep Memory Alive Event Center
- Las Vegas City Hall
- MEET Las Vegas
- Miracle Mile Shops
- M Resort & Casino
- Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino
- Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino
- SLS Las Vegas
- Stratosphere Casino, Hotel, & Tower
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- The Cromwell
- The Forum Shops at Caesars
- The LINQ Hotel & Casino
- The LINQ Promenade and High Roller Observation Wheel
- The Palazzo
- The Plaza Hotel & Casino
- The Venetian
- Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
- Wynn Las Vegas