More than 250 guests experienced a unique pairing of craft beer and Girl Scout cookies at Cookies & Kegs, hosted by Lovelady Brewing Company on June 22.
The event raised more than $5,000 for the Girl Scouts of Southern Nevada. Complimentary appetizers were served along with specific beer-cookie pairings, including:
- Love Triangle (Red Ale) with Thanks-A-Lot cookies
- Tres Amour Tripel (Belgian Tripel) and HopAtomic (Double IPA) with Lemonades
- Steamin’ Nights (Pepper Brown) with Peanut Butter Sandwich
- OUTBOCK! (Bock/IPA hybrid) with Thin Mints
- SourPuss (Kettle Sour Ale) and Porter deLite with Caramel deLites
- Café Femenino (Porter) with Peanut Butter Patties
Lovelady Brewing Company Owner and Brewmaster Richard Lovelady also created a unique Girl Scout brew for the cause. Called Porter deLite, the concoction consisted of Lovelady Brewing Company's Porter infused with Caramel deLites, plus extra coconut and cocoa nibs.