July 31 is National Avocado Day and a shocking study by a fast food chain reveals that the fruit is loved by foodies everywhere.
Carl’s Jr. has new data revealing avocado toast is a fast food favorite. Statistics on these findings can be found below:
- One major finding -- the majority of millennials (52%) agree that avocado toast and cheeseburgers would be the ultimate mash up.
- 57% of millennials say they could eat avocado toast any time of day
- 40% agree that they are always in the mood for avocado toast
- On average, millennials say 10:15 A.M. is peak avocado toast time
- 42% of millennials prefer avocado toast over rosé
- 32% of them would give up pumpkin spice lattes for unlimited avocado toast
- 27% would give up flavored seltzer for unlimited avocado toast
Fortunately for millennial fan-favorite, Carl’s Jr. along with several other locations are offering their own dishes featuring avocados
- Café Americano’s Chicken & Avocado salad is the perfect summer refresher to be enjoyed on National Avocado Day! Grilled free-range chicken, heirloom tomatoes, romaine hearts, fresh avocado and crispy onion strings are served atop a bed of kale and drizzled in a house-made bleu cheese vinaigrette.
- Chipotle is offering free guacamole for July 31 with the purchase of any regular-priced item when ordering throug their mobile app or website. Limit of one. Other restrictions may apply.
- Del Taco Use the restaurant's app on July 1 to get a BOGO deal on their Beyond Avocado Taco.
- El Pollo Loco Get free chips and guac on July 31 with the online purchase of a family dinner. Coupon code GUAC.
- Eureka! Will have Avocado Toast available: hard-boiled eggs/diced tomato/chimichurri sauce/pickled onions/arugula salad.
- Carl’s Jr. is offering a new Guacamole Double starting at just $2.99. “We’ve always had a variety of plant-based menu options and saw the opportunity to expand our line-up of distinctive offerings by adding The Beyond Burger® at all 79 locations. We were inspired to build on the great taste and burger-like texture to create the dish with a Yard House twist – starting with a fire-grilled patty giving it a charbroiled flavor, topped with vegan mozzarella, onions, tomato, arugula and crushed avocado.”
- La Cave Wine and Food Hideaway at the Wynn has added several new items to the menu including short rib tacos, topped with avocado crema, tomato and cilantro, priced at $18.