The largest car show in Southern Nevada is happening this weekend in Henderson.
The Super Run Classic Car Show, which takes place in the Water Street District, features more than 1,000 vehicles including classics, vintage, trucks, special interest, hot rods, muscle cars, customs and motorcycles.
A special car show on Thursday night at the Fiesta hotel-casino will kick off the popular event from noon to 8 p.m. This is an opportunity for gearheads to get a sneak peek of some of the cars that will be on display during Southern Nevada’s largest car show.
The 17th annual Super Run Classic Car Show will take place from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sept. 23 and 24 and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 25.
This year’s entertainment features jump-swing band Jump, Jive and Wail on Sept. 24 and classic rock tribute band Alter’d Ego, along with The Alley Cats, a doo-wop group performing hits from the ‘50s and ’60, on Sept. 25.
In addition, there will be a variety of vendors and exhibitors, children's activities, and more.
The following street closures will be in effect during the event:
- Water Street (from Ocean Avenue to Victory Road)
- Pacific Avenue (from Water Street to Market Street)
- Army Street (from Water Street to Market Street and Water Street to Texas Avenue)
- Market Street (closed at Army Street)
- Purple Heart Street (closed at Water Street)
- Atlantic Avenue (from Water Street to Lead Street)
- Basic Road (from Water Street to parking lot entrance for Water Street South building)
Customers may access businesses on Water Street at Victory Road and Water Street; Basic Road and Water Street; and Ocean Avenue and Water Street.
For more information, visit cityofhenderson.com or call 702-267-4050.