Rainbow Company Youth Theatre, a city of Las Vegas program, will celebrate its 43rd season with productions of “The Witches,” “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” The Nevada Series annual production and “The Velveteen Rabbit.” Season ticket packages are now available.
The upcoming season will feature three shows based on literary works with a common theme of love or kindness overcoming material appearance or wealth. Audiences will be invited to look beyond the surface to behold the magic on the other side. Each show, with the exception of The Nevada Series, will have eight performances over two consecutive weekends; during the second weekend’s Saturday matinee, American Sign Language interpreters will be available for the deaf and hard of hearing. The schedule is as follows:
- “The Witches” - Auditions Aug. 17; Performances Sep. 27 - Oct. 6
- “A Charlie Brown Christmas” – Auditions Oct. 12; Performances Dec. 6-15
- The Nevada Series – Auditions Oct. 26; Performances Feb. 14-16, 2020
- “The Velveteen Rabbit” – Auditions Feb. 29, 2020; Performances Apr. 24 – May 3, 2020
Patrons have two ticket package options which offer the greatest affordability and flexibility to enjoy the season; tickets for single performances will be available later this year.
- Fixed: Subscribers choose a date, time and seats for each of the four shows. Additionally, receive priority advance-purchase opportunities for future seasons and ticket fee savings.
- FLEX: Subscribers purchase 10 tickets that may be redeemed at any point during the season. Tickets are valid for children and adults and can be used all at once or a few at a time. FLEX season package holders will receive the best available seats at time of redemption.
The community is invited to Rainbow Company Youth Theatre’s Season Celebration, a free event open to all ages Jun. 1 from 3-7 p.m. at Charleston Heights Arts Center, 800 S. Brush St. It will celebrate the conclusion of the current season and launch of the new season with food and activities as well as feature a showcase by current ensemble members.
For more information on these and more events, visit http://www.artslasvegas.org/ or call 702-229-ARTS (2787).