Today, Sept. 20, is National Pepperoni Pizza Day and we have some interesting facts about pizza for you.
Did you know that 22 percent of Americans can eat an entire pizza by themselves?
Other interesting facts include:
- Only 2 percent of Americans hate pizza
- 82 percent favor cheese pizza
- But pepperoni is America's favorite topping (66%)
- The other top 3 toppings are sausage (59%), mushrooms (53%) and bacon (51%)
- 3 percent of Americans would rather eat pizza than have a boyfriend or girlfriend
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the U.S. each year
- Super Bowl Sunday is most popular day to eat pizza
- Halloween is 2nd most popular day to eat pizza
- The average American consumes 23 pounds of pizza each year
America's Top 5 favorite pizza brands are:
1. Pizza Hut -- 31 percent
2. Papa John's Pizza -- 22 percent
3. Domino's Pizza -- 17 percent
4. Papa Murphy's -- 10 percent
5. Little Caesar's Pizza -- 8 percent
If you are looking for a way to celebrate National Pizza Day in Las Vegas, head to Pizza Forte.
In honor of the beloved topping, guests will receive a complimentary beverage for every two slices of pepperoni pizza purchased at Pizza Forte. The special offer will be available at all four Pizza Forte locations.
Pizza Hut is celebrating the day by offering a large pepperoni pizza for $1 when you order any other large pizza at the regular menu pirce. Good for delivery or pickup orders places online via the chain's website or apps with the code PEPPERONI1. Usually, a large pepperoni pizza will set you back around $14.
— Pizza Hut (@pizzahut) September 20, 2017