LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Various Las Vegas restaurants are kicking off the new year with a month-long celebration of the vegan lifestyle.
Veganuary Las Vegas is organized and presented by Vegans, Baby. Restaurants and chefs on and off the Las Vegas Strip are participating, including Bok Bok, Border Grill, Forte Tapas, Good Pie, Hussong’s Mexican Cantina, Mint Indian Bistro, Parsley Modern Mediterranean, Pasta Shop Ristorante, Sharky’s, Shiraz, Slice of Vegas, STACK, Tacotarian, VegeNation and Violette’s Vegan.
Throughout January, each participating restaurant will offer a Veganuary menu with special vegan dishes -- most of which are not already offered on their regular menus. Highlights include:
· Border Grill – Spanish Root Vegetable Tamale, Spicy Beef Nachos, Argentinian Beef Empanadas, Roasted Root Vegetable Tacos, Vegan Relleno, Smoked Tofu Enchiladas and Mexican Chocolate Sorbet
· Forte Tapas – Cabbage Chips, Black Truffle and Root Vegetable Agnolotti and Porcini Dusted Beignets
· Slice of Vegas – Three Course dinner for $20 including Buffalo Edamame, Spaghetti & Meatballs and a Chocolate Cake
· STACK – Claudia’s Greens, Smoked Leek and Potato Soup, Stuffed Pita, Vegan Chicken Piccata with sides including cauliflower, roasted wild mushroom and spinach
· Tacotarian – Sopa de Tortila, Torta de Carne Asada, Chilaquiles Enmolados con Pollo, Ceviche de Califlor and Arroz con Leche
· Violette’s Vegan Café – Fried Egg, Bacon and Cheese Sandwich (featuring the TGI Vegan Fried Egg and wildly popular VioLife cheese), Pasta Primavera and Sloppy Joes
In addition to the special vegan menus being offered throughout the city, special vegan events, organized by Vegans, Baby will also take place. A Veganuary kick-off event was held Jan. 3 at Shiraz and featured free appetizers and wine, as well as the restaurant’s special vegan eats available to order.
On Jan. 19, Vegans, Baby will host a Vegan Pizza Tour through Downtown Las Vegas, which will showcase different vegan pizzas in the neighborhood and a complimentary Crafthaus beer. Rounding out the month, another Veganuary Las Vegas event will take place at Forte Tapas, with more details to be announced later.
Some proceeds from the special month will benefit NSPCA.