Here is a roundup of the latest restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. This month marks the 9th annual #Goatober, a campaign started by Heritage Foods to address the problem of what to do with male goats. Momofuku at The Cosmopolitan has introduced Goat Curry Miso Ramen for a limited time.
2. An all-new Asian fusion concept The X Pot, is opening this winter inside the Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian. The restaurant is the creation of Haibin Yang and David Zhao, known for Chubby Cattle and Xiang Hotpot. The X Pot pays tribute to traditional Chinese cuisine with its hotpot technique, where guests can select and cook their own ingredients at the table in real-time. With an abundance of meat, seafood, and vegetable selections, guests will love this communal dining experience, perfect for all generations. The X Pot will serve up a unique multi-sensory dining experience, from sensory stimulation to robot servers, allowing guests to engage all five senses.
3. Via Brasil Steakhouse is celebrating 11 years this month. They are offering $39.99 rodizio dinner specials ($11 off) all month long; $19.99 brunch all month long; and a special celebration with entertainment on Oct. 23.
4. La Strega is celebrating their first Halloween with a 5-course festive meal and seasonal cocktails by Chef Gina Marinelli. Guests are encouraged to wear back and enjoy welcome cocktails and canapes followed by a sit-down feast, with dishes to include: Burrata in Roasted Pumpkins with Pepita Seed Pesto, Poached Langoustine with Aqua Pazza and Fregola, Bone Marrow Cavatelli with Parsley Crumbs, Lemon Granita, Braciole with Black Truffles and Autumn Vegetables, and Chocolate Budino with Drunken Cherries and Averna Whip for dessert. Tickets are $125 and can be purchased here.
5. Estiatorio Milos at The Cosmopolitan is offering a Winemaker’s Table Dinner on Nov. 7. Each guest will receive a classic meal of Fresh Oysters, Greek Salad, Madagascar Grilled Shrimp, Milos’ Grilled Appetizer Trinity, Filet Mignon and the famed Athenian dessert, Chocolate Sin, alongside six hand-selected glasses of wine at only $79. To make reservations, please call 702.698.7930 at least 48 hours in advance. Reservations will be offered on a first come, first serve basis.
6. Ferraro’s Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar has introduced several new dishes for the fall season. They include a Neapolitan fried Bufala mozzarella sandwich; grilled Mediterranean seabags with porcini mushroom and sweet potato; ravioli made with broccoli and Caciocavallo cheese; Mediterranean prawn tartare; and risotto with butternut squash and gorgonzola cheese.
7. Steak ’n Shake inside OYO Hotel & Casino has welcomed back alcoholic milkshakes. Choices include the Cin City shake made with Fireball and Rum Chata; Jim Bean Banana Split made with banana liquor and Jim Beam honey; and Kahlua Express made with Kahlua and Butterscotch Schnappes.
8. Vetri Cucina at The Palms is celebrating its one-year anniversary with a collaboration dinner on Nov. 19. Guests can enjoy a specially curated five-course meal, exquisitely prepared by Chefs Marc Vetri and Dan Krohmer of Other Mama. Menu highlights will include chicken liver crostini, langoustine soup with shaved lamb tongue, corzetti with snails, mixed grill of baby goat, duck and sausage, and opera cake. Cost is $130 per person inclusive. Click here for tickets.
9. Smith & Wollensky is bringing back the Whole Cow Event on Nov. 20. A one night only epicurean experience that is priced at $195 a person, the anticipated dining event will offer guests a 10-course tasting menu featuring unique steak cuts and presentations, with drink pairings to match - in a night of innovative cooking and indulgent steak dining. The Smith & Wollensky culinary team will guide guests on a journey of "beef authority" from farm to filet, sharing the tradition and significance of the nose-to-tail movement. Fans can also enter a chance to win a coveted VIP table with 5 friends.
10. The Cosmopolitan has announced Paired, a rotating culinary series that partners guest chefs and industry personalities with the talents behind The Cosmopolitan’s award-winning Restaurant Collection. The series will kick off on Dec. 8 at Red Plate with Chef Shirley Chung. Menu highlights include an array of carefully selected dishes including: Matsutake Mushrooms with steamed egg custard, Matsutake consommé, Beijing Lamb Belly braised, pressed, roasted lamb belly, spiced sesame sauce, Napa cabbage heart, Australian Lobster Tail Foie Gras, and Coconut Tapioca Pudding, dragon fruit, mango, condensed milk, passionfruit snow, among others. Tickets are available now for $125.00 and can be reserved online HERE.
11. Santos Tacos Guisados & Beer has announced a new mezcal bar and cocktail menu for their new expanded bar. The menu features small batch mezcal from Oaxaca, crafted sangrias and housemate special salts. New drinks include a seasonal red, green and orange sangrita; the Downtown Paloma made with dried chili, grapefruit and hibiscus salt; and a class margarita with subtle, but clear orange, lime and earthy tequila flavors.
12. TopGolf is bringing the bold flavors to its fall menu. Seasonal selections include Buffalo chicken dip, cheesy macaroni bites, the Triple Dog Dare and a French onion burger. Seasonal cocktails include the Maker's Spiked Cold Brew, the Fall 'N' Stormy made with tequila and rum, the Frozen Orange Red Bull and Caramel Apple Mocktail.
13. Carl's Jr. is now offering a new plant-based burger, the Beyond BBQ Cheeseburger. The new burger is available starting at $6.29 (prices may vary by location). Carl's Jr. was one of the first quick-service restaurants to introduce a plant-based option to its menu with the launch of the Beyond Famous Star in December 2018.
If you would like to submit an item for the next roundup, send an email with details to email@example.com.