Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. Morels Steakhouse & Bistro will begin offering Brunch with Benefits on June 2. When one person orders bottomless mimosas at the regular price of $25, the rest of the table benefits by getting bottomless mimosas for only $5 a person. Only valid for tables of eight or more and the entire table must order along with an entree. Brunch is served every Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and reservations are recommended.
2. Grimaldi's is celebrating National Cheese Day on June 4 by spotlighting the Quattro Formaggi, which is topped with mozzarella, asiago, parmesan, Pecorino Romano and gorgonzola. Trevi Italian Restaurant at the Forum Shops at Caesars is also celebrating. Cheesy selections include their Fettuccine Alfredo, lasagna pizza or their Mozzarella in Padella (fried cheese).
3. Mercato Della Pescheria in the Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian/The Palazzo will be offering a formaggio board with a choice of four of their fine imported artisanal cheeses, served with all the fixings including honeycomb, olives and dried fruit, for only $24 all day long on June 4 in celebration of National Cheese Day.
4. Chef Jamie Tran has introduced a new menu at The Black Sheep . New dishes include vegan Vietnamese sautéed glass noodles with garlic bok choy sum, wood ear mushrooms, yellow sunburst baby squash ($15); gilled verlasso salmon with red quint, crispy hoja santa leaf, turmeric dill sauce ($23); Vietnamese crepes with braised duroc pork belly, pig ear, salad bean sprouts ($8); duck prosciutto salad with mesclun greens and blue cheese crumbles ($9); and lemongrass duck confit with black beans, sautéed dandelion greens, kumquat ($25).
5. The popular summer lobster specials return to The Palm on June 1. Guests will be able to order a four-pound lobster split for two ($99) and a lobster special "Just For You" with The Palm's signature Surf 'n' Turf combination ($59). Plus, the menu will bring back vintage Palm dishes such as the Nova Scotia lobster roll ($19) and Nova Scotia lobster Cobb salad ($19.50). Lobster lovers can take advantage of this season’s bounty from June 1 to July 31 at select locations.
6. Beginning June 4, Esther's Kitchen will be open for dinner every night. Also, Esther's will begin offering reservations with full table service at lunch. Walk-up counter service will still be offered with seating per availability. In addition, a couple of seasonal changes have been made to 2 popular dishes and 2 new dishes have been added, including a white pizza and smoked pappardelle pasta.
7. Nashville is the next destination for Freedom Beat's Culinary Road Trip on June 7. Menu highlights include fried bologna sliders and Uncle Bud's fried catfish and pickles paired with Jack Daniels Honey with ginger beer; Princes hot chicken and house biscuits with red-eye gravy with Lynchburg Lemonade; Tennessee dry rub beef ribs, turnip greens, stewed white beans and cornbread with Old Smokey Blackberry Tea; and fried pie and banana pudding with a drink named Go Bananas. Nashville recording artists Towne will perform. Tickets are $55 per person.
8. Andiron Steak & Sea's White Party will kick off the summer season for the restaurant on June 9. The Hamptons-inspired fete will feature bubbles, brews and froze; build-your-own poke bar; ceviche; a tater tot bar; carving and grill stations; and a variety of sweet treats, including a donut wall. white chocolate fountain and made-to-order cotton candy. All white attire strongly suggested. $79 plus per person.
9. The 90 Ninety Bar + Grill is now open at Suncoast. The contemporary, casual American restaurant features modern cuisine, and expansive brew and cocktail selection and live music. The new restaurant is named after its address -- 9090 Alta Drive. Menu highlights include giant pretzels, Baja Rock shrimp, chicken lettuce wraps, 10 oz. burgers made with a blend of chuck and brisk, a Nashville hot chicken sandwich and numerous gluten-free and vegan options. Handcrafted cocktails include the Old Fashioned, Classic Manhattan, Chai Peanut Butter Martini and Strawberry Lemonade.
10. The Buffet at Wynn Las Vegas has launched a series of themed, month-long dining experiences. The theme for June is seafood. The buffet will feature an extensive array of seashore favorites like Alaskan Opilio crab lets, cracked Jonah crab claws, cod fritters, Little Neck clams and more. July's Great American BBQ Fest will feature BBQ smoked brisket, slow-roasted whole BBQ pig, smoked turkey legs, St. Louis BBQ pork ribs, smoky mac 'n' cheese, summer berry pie and more. In August, the flavors of Latin America will be feature. Items include chimichurri rojo rubbed tomahawk ribeye, sea salt-crusted prime rib of beef, Brazilian BBQ beef ribs, dry-rubbed bluefish, Brazilian cheese bread and more.
11. Northside Cafe & Chinese Kitchen at SLS Las Vegas has added new items including a smoked salmon bagel sandwich, $14.95; avocado toast topped with poached eggs, $12.95; a kale and quinoa salad, $13.95; Chinese chicken salad, $15.95; a corned beef and pastrami Rueben, $15.95; fajita platter with choice of ribeye or chicken, $23.95 or $18.95; French dip sandwich, $16.59; and spaghetti & meatballs, $18.95.
12. Summer Meal Deals are back at the South Point . Don Vito's is offering a 3-course dinner for $19 per person. Selections include Caesar salad, minestrone soup, Pasta e Fagioli, herb and roasted ricotta dip, mozzarella fritti, chicken marsala, Fettuccine Alfredo, orange roughy, spaghetti and meatballs and sorbet or black cherry ice cream for dessert. The Silverado Steak House is also offering a 3-course dinner. Appetizer choices include cup of lobster bisque or wedge salad; entree choices include pan-fried chicken breast, filet mignon or filet of salmon; and dessert choices include ice cream or sorbet. Cost is $29 per person. Add wine to either meal for $20.
13. Robert Irvine's 2nd annual Summer Cookout is happening June 14 is happening at Robert Irvine's Public House. The event will kick off the 12th installment of Las Vegas Restaurant Week. The cookout will feature summertime favorites from Public House, Red Lotus Asian Kitchen and Oakville Steakhouse. $50 general admission, $100 VIP. Discounts for military and first responders.
If you would like to submit an item for a future roundup of restaurant news, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.