Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley.
1. SecretBurger.com and Fergusons Downtown will celebrate female chefs during a special Picnic in the Alley on Oct. 6. Confirmed chefs include Rooster Boy’s Sonia El-nawal, Elizabeth Blau, Locale’s Nicole Brisson, Hell’s Kitchen’s Jennifer Murphy and La Streg’s Gina Marinelli. The event is being coordinated by Jolene Mannia. Early bird tickets are $100 and can be purchased beginning July 9 at secret burger.com. Tickets will be available after Sept. 5 for $125 per guest.
2. Valencian Gold is bringing paella to the people and celebrating its grand opening this weekend. Valencia Gold offers paella, tapas, shared plates and grilled meats. Start with a base chicken paella, seafood, mushroom-chickpea and harvest grains paella. Next, you’ll add your favorite meat, dips and toppings. Or, choose from a paella bowl already on the menu. The new fast-casual restaurant is located near Rainbow Boulevard and Windmill.
3. March Bacchus French Bistro & Wine Shop at Lakeside Event Center is celebrating Bastille Day on July 14 or the 12th year. Events include a 4-person skydiving team, champagne sabering, a balloon release and special menu. The regular Sunday brunch will be served from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. with Bastille Day specialty cocktails. Dinner, starting at 4:30 p.m., will feature traditional French items on the regular menu such as steak frites, beef tartare and escargots; and additional specials including salmon rillettes, charbroiled oysters, duck confit crêpes, loup de mer and eggplant au poivre. The skydiving show will begin at 6:30 p.m.
4. Paris Las Vegas is also celebrating Bastille Day. Enjoy a poolside brunch under the Eiffel Tower from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 14. Guests are invited to enjoy a perfect French feast featuring eggs Benedict and a build-your-own French toast and crêpe station from the two-acre rooftop pool. Live entertainment and caricature artists will be included in the festivities. Tickets start at $30. Bar options available.
5. Head to the Tacotarian on July 16 for Taco Tuesday and Cider Beer pairing. Cider beers from Blakes Hard Cider Co. include the El Chapo, Flannel Mouth, Beard Bender, Rainbow Seeker, El Chavo and Traffic Jam. Each beer is a 4oz pour and comes with one taco.
6. July 17 is Cinnaholic Day at Cinnaholic in Henderson. Get $1 Old Skool cinnamon rolls from noon to 4 p.m.
7. Slater's 50/50 has debuted TWO epic Hawaiian-inspired burgers in partnership with King's Hawaiian that will live on the menu for a limited time through the end of the summer. The Big Island Feast Burger is made with 2.5 pounds of beef and bacon, an entire can of spam, a quart of coleslaw, six slices of pineapple, six slices of cheese and four fried eggs sandwiched between a whole loaf of King’s Hawaiian bread. The 2nd burger is the King’s Luau Burger, which is a smaller version of the Feast Burger.
8. Downtown Grand’s Culinary Road Trip is celebrating the 14th anniversary of Triple George Grill with a special dinner from chefs Scott Cummings and Rhori Kow. Menu highlights include wings cooked in duck fat, a shrimp and crab Louie Po’ Boy, chopped salad and whole roasted onion soup, a classic tomahawk ribeye and chicken saltimbocca, oxtail gnocchi, charred Brussels, and chocolate lave cake. Tickets are $55 per person. The restaurant is also offering a special anniversary lunch for just $14 during the month of July. And, all men and women named George will receive a complimentary appetizer with their meal during July.
9. Eureka! Is celebrating local craft beers with a promotion named Steal the Glass. For this weekly occasion, Eureka! partners with a local craft brewery to create branded glassware for guests to take home when they order the featured craft beer of the day. Steal the Glass is happening from 6 p.m. to midnight every Wednesday while supplies last. Some of the participating breweries include Big Dog’s, CraftHaus, Bad Beat, Lovely, Tenaya Creek, Joseph James, Able Baker, Hop Nuts and Banger Brewing.
10. SecretBurger.com and China Poblano are teaming up for All Quacked Up on July 18. The All Quacked Up burger is made with Peking duck, a Jose Andres-style fried egg and Osetra caviar served on a ramp-and-kimchi pancake brushed with spicy house-made hoisin. Paired with a Stillwater Artisanal Ale’s Extra Dry Sake-Style Saison. $30 per ticket.
11. The newly-remodeled Del Frisco’s Double Edge Steakhouse is offering an exclusive 4-course meal paired with a selection of wines designed by Frank Family Vineyards on July 19. Menu highlights include goat cheese beignets and chorizo-stuffed cremini mushrooms, a seafood crude, seared Chilean sea bass, Rosewood Texas Wagyu strip with wild mushroom and black truffle polenta and dark chocolate ganache, Cost is $150 per person.
12. Golden Rainbow’s Dine Out For Life is happening July 23 at various restaurants across the valley. Proceeds will benefit Golden Rainbow who provides critically-needed services for those living with or affected by HIV/AIDS. More than 15 local restaurants are currently participating. There will also be a show featuring magician Lance Burton on July 23. Show includes a buffet dinner.
13. La Cave Wine & Food Hideaway at Wynn Las Vegas has unveiled its new garden lounge and a stylish refresh of the restaurant as well as several new dishes and wine. The new garden lounge brings the outdoors inside with views of Wynn’s lush gardens and pool. New menu selections include chicken and caviar, priced at $29; short rib tacos, topped with avocado crema, tomato and cilantro, priced at $18; sea scallops with chorizo and sunny side-up quail eggs, topped with chipotle hollandaise sauce, priced at $19; and baked meatballs served over creamy polenta, topped with house marinara, priced at $14. La Cave has also added several new wines to its expansive list of more than 350 bottle wines and 50 wines by the glass.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Tastes, send an email to email@example.com.