Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. Golden Rainbow presents Dining Out for Life at Monzu Italian Oven on Feb. 23. Chef/owner Giovanni Mauro will delight guests with authentic Sicilian-inspired pizza, pastas and other dishes, including the acclaimed artisanal bread made in-house daily. Red Penny Arcade with powerhouse vocalist Anne Martinez, bassist Peter Fand and guitarist John Wedemeyer will perform ambient music. To make reservations, visit monzulv.com and note “Golden Rainbow benefit” in the request section. To-go is also available by calling 702.479.5959 and mentioning the Golden Rainbow benefit when placing an order. A generous percentage of sales that day will benefit Golden Rainbow to provide critically needed services.
2. Cafe Express LV on South Fort Appache Road is celebrating National Toast Day on Feb. 25 with a buy one, get one 50% off deal. Toasts at the cafe include avocado with poached egg, Feta cheese, pickled onions and micro greens for $10; lux toast with Atlantc smoked salmon, cream cheese, cucumber dill and broccoli sprouts for $11.50; blue hummus toast with bull spiraling hummus for $10.50; Mediterranean toast with hummus, baked eggplant, hard-boiled egg, tomato and pickles for $12.50; and portobello toast with portobello, mashed avocado and micro greens for $11.
3. Einstein Bros. Bagels is adding the Texas Brisket Egg Sandwich to its menu beginning Feb. 25. The new sandwich features a jalapeño bacon gourmet bagel, slow-smoked beef brisket, cheddar cheese and a smoky chipotle sauce. Cost is $6.79.
4. Served Global Dining in Henderson is celebrating its grand opening on Feb. 26. Chef’s specials will include Lomo Saltado, mushroom checking and wild salmon panang. A fire-course Chef’s Table special will be available for $60 per person. There will also be a raw bar.
5. Bugsy & Meyer’s Steakhouse is celebrating the birthday of Flamingo Las Vegas’ legendary founder, Benjamin “Bugsy” Siegel, born on Feb. 28, 1906, with a special cocktail created just for the occasion. Their take on a 1950 classic spritz, the “Bugsy’s Spritz” is made with Carpano Dry Vermouth, Pamplemousses liqueur, lime juice, Moscato d'Asti and topped with raspberries and gold flakes. This specialty cocktail will be available Bugsy’s birthday week Sunday, Feb. 28 through Sunday, March 7 and is priced at $20.
6. Old Homestead Steakhouse at Caesars Palace is serving an “early bird” three-course menu for $59.95 per guest. This decadent meal begins with a choice of a Caesar salad or French onion soup, followed by an entree choice of an 8-ounce Black Angus filet, Scottish salmon or black truffle pappardelle pasta. For dessert, finish on a sweet note with crème brulée. The menu is available from open – 6 p.m. daily and can be viewed here
7. March 9 is National Meatball Day and Carmine’s at the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace is celebrating with specials both in the restaurant and for enjoying at home. In the restaurant, meatball lovers can feast on the one-day-only Meatball Madness offering. Featuring 12 softball sized meatballs topped with marinara, mozzarella, cheese and parsley on a spaghetti pie crust with garlic bread, the over-the-top dish feeds 4-6 for $68.95. Reserve via pre-order with a dine-in reservation at Carmine’s. For those ordering to-go on March 9, join Carmine’s loyalty rewards program for a free meatball with any $20 purchase from carminesnyc.com/order.
8. Farmer Boys has launched its No Brainer Deals in Nevada. They include the jr cheeseburger made with a fire-grilled beef patty, dill pickles and house-made 1000 island dressing on a locally baked toasted brioche bun for $3; bacon, egg and cheese muffin made with cage-free eggs, hickory smoked bacon and American cheese on a locally baked English muffin for $3; crispy French toast dippers dusted with cinnamon and powdered sugar for $3; fried chicken dippers served with ranch dressing for $3.25; mini cakes skillet with 3 silver dollar hot cakes, a scrambled egg and 2 strips of bacon for $4; perm-crusted grilled cheese on locally baked sourdough for $4; and all-beef chili for $4.25.
9. BRERA Osteria is now open in St. Mark’s Square at the Venetian hotel-casino. The new restaurant is inspired by the wildly popular BRERA Ristorante in the Los Angeles arts district, which was recently named one of the world’s top 50 Italian restaurants outside of Italy. The restaurant features housemade pastas, wood oven-baked breads, cured meats, olive oils and mouthwatering mozzarella.
10. The host of “Worst Cooks in America” and a judge on Guy Fieri’s “Guy’s Grocery Games,” Beau McMillan, will be the culinary director at Money, Baby!, which is a high-energy sports venue inside Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. Chef MacMillan’s TV credits also include “Iron Chef America,” where he defeated Bobby Flay, “The Next Iron Chef,” “The Best Thing I Ever Made,” “The Best Thing I Ever Ate” and “Beat the Chefs.”
11. French Cellar by Partage on West Sahara Avenue is now open. It is from the same team behind Chinatown’s French fine dining restaurant. It’s a store that also offers snacks at a small bar. with a menu that focuses on cheese, charcuterie and small stacks such as escargot, foie gras and caviar. It also will host tastings for Partage’s Wine Club.
12. Letty’s De Leticia’s Cocina has replaced the El Sombrero Cafe on South Main Street. Letty’s will offer apertivos or small eats, including ceviche, grilled corn, chicharrones and seasoned fries upgraded with Mexican chorizo, Oaxaca cheese and topped with 2 eggs. There’s also acquits, tamales, empanadas, Gorditas, enchiladas and tacos.
13. Hearthstone Kitchen & Cellar inside the Red Rock Resort has launched an all-new menu. Appetizers include spicy curry hummus, Wagyu beef tataki, tuna pizza, spicy shrimp scampi skillet and a yellowfin tuna crudo. New entree items include crispy duck with steamed pancakes, spaghetti lobster Lombard, hearth-roasted Scottish salmon and Baja striped bass. Other items include a roasted tomato soup and grilled cheddar cheese sandwich, hearts of palm salad, creamed street corn, roasted baby carrots, and spicy vegan yogurt and buffalo cauliflower.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Tastes, send to email@example.com.