Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. El Segundo Sol is hosting a tequila dinner at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 13. Join them for a special dinner showcasing the best tequilas paired with authentic Mexican cuisine. Executive Chef Saul Garcia will prepare three courses, each paired with a tequila-based specialty cocktail such as the Mezcal Negroni, Tequila Spritz, or the Lemon Thyme. Price is $60 per guest, plus tax (gratuity not included). Space is limited; please call 702-258-1211 for reservations.
2. There's still a few more days to take advantage of the truffle festival at Jaleo by Jose Andres. Menu items include Pan de cristal, panceta Ibérica curada, trufa negra: “Cristal Bread”, acorn pork panceta, black truffle ($18); Setas Salteadas, cremoso de patata, huevo, trufa negra: Sautéed mushrooms, potato puree, slow cooked egg, black truffle ($18); Canelones de cerdo gratinados con salsa de béchamel y trufa negra: 'Canelones' stuffed with pork, foie gras and béchamel sauce and black truffle ($25); and Tarta de queso con trufa negra: Basque style cheesecake with black truffle ($15).
3. Ferraro's Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar's next Taste & Learn on Feb. 22 will feature The Antinori Winery. Since its beginnings in 1385, the 26 generations of the Antinori family have managed the business directly making innovative and bold decisions while upholding the utmost respect for winemaking traditions and the environment. Antinori remains one of the biggest wine companies in Italy whose innovations played a significant role in the “Super-Tuscan” revolution of the 1970s. Ferraro’s award-winning chef will prepare imaginative dishes to accompany each wine. Tickets for the all-inclusive experience are $75 and space is limited. To make reservations, please call (702) 364-5300.
4. Sugar Factory American Brasserie has launched a new goblet, The Diamond Rose, made with Vanderpump Rose, peach schnapps, raspberry vodka and a splash of lemon-lime soda. It's topped with sour watermelon gummy bears, candy ring pops and a light uop bling souvenir ring. The sweet, yet cripst goblet conveys the sophisticated and elegant lifestyle inspired by Lisa Vanderpump.
5. Tekka Bar, an original Japanese handroll and sake concept inside the Block 16 urban Food Hall at The Cosmopolitan, is inviting various chef personalities to create specialty handrolls inspired by their own signature menu items. Chef Jose Andres' Gambas Roll is being featured in February. His Jamon Roll made with tomato and avocado was offered Feb. 3-9 and 17-23 and the Gambas Ross with shrimp and his signature Brava sauce is being offered Feb. 10-16 and Feb. 24-March 1. Cost of rolls are $10 and $12. Future chefs include Rick Gencarelli and Chris Cosentino.
6. Smith & Wollensky Restaurant Group has added a new luxury 2016 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon to its portfolio of Smith & Wollensky-branded wines. To welcome the addition of this luxurious 100% Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon, Smith & Wollensky Las Vegas is offering an introductory special on the wine by the glass for $40 and by the bottle for $155. This introductory special will be available through March 31st or while supplies last.
7. Famous Dave's is introducing a new entry into the "chicken sandwich wars." Iris' Comeback Chicken Sandwich features a crispy chicken patty, buttery brioche bun, 2 signature spicy pickles and comeback sauce. It was created by founder Dave Anderson's mother Iris.
8. The Wolfgang Puck Players Locker in downtown Summerlin is celebrating its grand opening Feb. 24. There will be a star-studded red carpet and a private celebration with world-renowned cheft Wolfgang Puck and five members from the Vegas Golden Knights: Alex Tuch, William Karlsson, Deryk Engelland, Shea Theodore and Reilly Smith. Other members of the team will be in attendance for the festivities, along with other special guests and celebrities. The private event will take place from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. The restaurant will open to the public after the private event.
9. Bocho Sushi in downtown Las Vegas has launched a new catering menu. It will now include platters of appetizers and sushi, including the Some Like It Hot Platter with pork gyoza, spring rolls, fried chicken, garlic edamame and shishito peppers. The Fish Lovers Platter includes California rolls, spicy tuna rolls, spicy salmon rolls, tuna nigiri, salmon nigiri, shrimp nigiri, yellowtail jalapeño sashimi, miso ginger sashimi and jack truffle sashimi; and the “Salmon Lovers Platter,” which feeds between four and six people with spicy salmon rolls, salmon skin rolls, baked salmon rolls, golden Philly rolls and assorted salmon sashimi. Bocho Sushi also offers a rotating, seasonal menu with fresh fish and locally sourced ingredients.
10. Wing Squad is now delivering in the Las Vegas area. The delivery-only restaurant provides customers wings, sides and sweets directly to them – exclusively via food delivery services including GrubHub, DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Postmates. Wing flavors include BBQ, honey garlic, cajun, garlic parmesan, sweet chili and buffalo Sides include mac & cheese, salads, chips, celery and carrots and dressing. Dessert options are chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies or chocolate chip brownies.
11. The restaurant and supper club Delilah with West Hollywood roots is set to open May 13 at Wynn Las Vegas. The room's design pays homage to the Golden Era of Hollywood with Art Deco motifs. It will also feature plush seating and servers wearing white jacket tuxedos and flapper dresses. The Los Angeles menu features baby back ribs, Ora King salmon, rack of lamb, shrimp cocktail, braised lamb meatballs, filet mignon, duck confit, crab cakes and more.
12. The Yard House has introduced a new cocktail to help kick the winter blues. The new Tiki Blue cocktail is made with RumHaven coconut water rum, blue curacao, pineapple and passion fruit and is topped with house-made coconut foam. It is available at all Yard House locations. The cocktail is one of 12 new handcrafted cocktails Yard House is introducing to its menu, along with the addition of hard seltzer on tap, making it the first restaurant brand to offer hard seltzer on tap nationwide.
13. 18bin, the Las Vegas Arts District’s newest bar and restaurant, introduces additional menu items to complement its already varied menu that includes the Diner Burger, Ropa Vieja Shepherd’s Pie and Cajun Jambalaya served with confit drumsticks. The new items include the 18bin BLT, Sweet Home Avocado Burger and Monkey Bread.
If you would like to submit an item for a future 13 Tastes, send an email with photos to email@example.com.