Here is our latest roundup of Las Vegas restaurant news from around the valley:
1. The Eggslut is coming to The Cosmopolitan in 2016. This will be the first location in Las Vegas for the acclaimed Los Angeles eatery. Inspired by a true love for eggs, Chef Alvin Cailan’s menu is a balance of comfort and innovation with unique twists on breakfast sandwich favorites. Eggslut in Grand Central Market in L.A. was on Bon Appetit's list of best new restaurants in America in 2014.
2. 8 Noodle Bar at Red Rock has introduced several new menu items including salt and pepper chicken wings, Peking duck fried rice, bibimbap, and black bean sea bass. Signature dishes that continue to be a hit include grilled beef short rib bao bun, pork belly bowl, fried pork sauce noodles and tonkotsu ramen.
3. MTO Cafe Summerlin will celebrate their anniversary with free dessert on Nov. 23 with a purchase.
4. The specialty cocktail program at Rx Boiler Room inside the Shoppes at Mandalay Bay offers guests very distinct tastes. Two such cocktails include Dead Rabbit Saison (Glenlivet, Fernet Vittone, Strawberry & Fig Jam, Barrel-aged Bitters, Lemon Juice, finished with a Strawberry Lambic) and RX Smoked Root Beer (Jameson Irish Whisky, Green Chartreuse, Sarsaparilla Bitters, Root Beer Syrup) provide guests with a sweet and smokey taste that compliments the many dishes served.
5. Carson Kitchen will serve a special Repeal Day cocktail on Dec. 5. During the Prohibition Era, distillers used honey to mask the taste of the poorly-made alcohol. Carson Kitchen puts a modern twist on these flavors with the Bee’s Knees, made with hana gin, fresh lemon and smoked honey and priced at $12. The unique flavor of smoked honey resonates with a rich sweetness and hints of aromatic spice, making this Repeal Day-inspired cocktail truly authentic.
6. Noodle lovers will want to check out the new casual noodle bar at Dragon Noodle Co. & Sushi Bar at the Monte Carlo. The bar offers a variety of authentic soup noodle dishes and seats 12 guests. Dishes include Vietnamese pho, Chinese noodles with housemade broth, BBQ pork, roast duck, chicken, beef or mixed vegetables, or a Japanese udon. Hand-rolled wontons are available as an addition to any bowl. Prices range from $11.95 to $15. A selection of Chinese, Japanese and American craft beers are available to complement the dishes.
7. Little Tony's at Palace Station is now offering special deals for everyone. Kids under 12 eat free every Wednesday with the purchase of a regular meal. Some restrictions apply. Date Night Saturdays make it easy for couples who can't decide where to go or what to eat. With a packaged deal of $49.99, a couple can enjoy a crisp light salad, a large pizza or family-size pasta, desert, and the couple’s choice of 4 tap beers, 4 glasses of house wine, unlimited soda, or a large bottle of water. The date night is available to all ages and the perfect spot for a romantic get away. It's all about the family and spaghetti and meatballs on Sundays. Cost for two is $26.99 or $44.99 for a family of four.
8. Wynn Las Vegas will host an exclusive tasting event with vegan celebrity chef Tal Ronnen at The Country Club on Dec. 1. The event will celebrate Ronnen’s newly released cookbook Crossroads, and feature vegan recipes at Wynn and Encore restaurants. Ronnen has collaborated with Wynn and Encore chefs since the introduction of its vegan menus to create innovative and delicious meatless, plant-based dishes for the resorts. Cost of the dinner is $135 per person plus tax and gratuities and includes select cocktails and a signed copy of Crossroads. For reservations, please call (702) 770-DINE.
9. Tom's Urban at New York-New York has introduced a few new signature cocktails featuring season ingredients that will leave their guests in fine spirits. Drinks include Donald’s Comb “This” Over (Makers Mark Bourbon, Courvoisier, Lemon Juice, Orange Juice, Agave Nectar); Grandma Clinton’s Oatmeal Cookie Bomb #GrandmaClinton (Tenaya Creek Oatmeal Stout, butterscotch schnapps, fireball); Lemonberry Haze (Tuaca, Fresh Lemon Juice, Cranberry Juice, Citrus Vodka, sugar rim); and Sweet Mother Pucker (house made apple sangria, apple pucker, Infinite Monkey white wine, apple slices), to name a few.
10. DJT at the Trump International Hotel has unveiled savory new dinner additions and an all-new cocktail menu. New items include a seared crab cake, baby beet salad, New Zealand lamb rack, crisp pork shank, diver scallops, creamless turnip gratin, braised Brussels sprouts, apple cobbler, and pistachio-crusted cannoli. Cocktails include the Nail in the Coffin made with White Oak Akashi Japanese Whisky; Fall Toddy, which is DJT's variation of a hot toddy; New York Sour; Apple Spice Manhattan; Grave Digger made with Cana Brava Rum from Panama; and Baiser de la mort (Kiss of Death), which is DJT's take on a gin fizz.
11. Chef Brian Malarkey's acclaimed ocean-to-table concept, Herringbone, is scheduled to open its doors on Dec. 28 at the Aria. The restaurants menu will pair pristine seafood and responsibly sourced meat with Farmers Market produce, creating an accessible menu infused with Malarkey’s well-known sense of culinary creativity. The restaurant is being designed by Munge Leung and will charm visitors with is coastal aesthetic imagined with a modern sensibility. The restaurant, which will be located on the second-level promenade, will also feature a sweeping patio.
12. Glenfiddich Brand Ambassador Jennifer Wren will host an exclusive dinner featuring the world's most awarded single malt Scotch whisky at Strip Steak inside Mandalay Bay on Dec. 1 with a paired menu from Executive Chef Gerald Chin. Menu highlights include a five-spiced heritage pork belly with tempura oyster and green apple slaw; seared diver scallops; Creekstone prime strip steak; and beignets and Glenfiddich pot de creme. The highlight of the evening will come early as guests will have the opportunity to savor the Glenfiddich 14 Bourbon Barrel Reserve. Cost is $125 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Reservations are required by calling 702.632.7200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. BRAVO! Cucina Italiana has broadened its menu by adding seven new dishes such as steak diavolo, grilled jumbo shrimp and roasted vegetable spaghettini. In addition, the restaurant has also added several gluten-free pastas and entrees, including grilled salmon and filet mignon. Other new items include crispy chicken harvest salad, mini calzones, and eggs with biscuit and sausage rosemary gravy. BRAVO! Cucina Italiana is in the newly-renovated Plaza area at the Galleria at Sunset.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send a press release to email@example.com.