Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. Alize at the Top of the Palms will host a special one-night-only dinner in partnership with the Himmel Hospitality Group out of Boston. The "A Table in the Sky" dinner will feature five courses, each one representing a different leg of the chefs' journey from Boston to Las Vegas. Menu highlights include Benton's Smoky Mountain ham, poached crawfish tails, smoked Greg Abrams' red snapper, Westwind Farms spring chicken, 100-day aged Brandt beef rib eye and more. Price is $185 per person.
2. Carson Kitchen in downtown Las Vegas is now offering the Chef's Counter Experience, a five-course meal with beverage pairings, all selected by the restaurant's highly-skilled chefs. The experience is offered through ItsOnMe and can be purchased by visiting www.itson.me. Cost is $100.
3. Dragon Noodle Co. & Sushi Bar at Monte Carlo is offering a 2-for-1 noodle special at their new Noodle Bar for the month of March in honor of National Noodle Month. The Noodle Bar offers Vietnamese, Japanese and Chinese soup noodles. Prices range from $11.95 to $15.
4. The Beer vs. Wine Dinner is taking place March 7 at Aureole inside Mandalay bay. The dinner will feature Moody Tongue Brewing Company and Groth Winery. The food will be prepared by Executive Chef Arnaud Masset. Guests will be asked to vote for the beverage that complements each course best. Cost is $150 plus.
5. Hot Dog on a Stick is offering the original hot dog on a stick every Tuesday in March for just 70 cents to celebrate their 70th anniversary. The Take Me Back Tuesdays promotion not only features the special throwback pricing offer, but also a buy-one-get-one coupon for any menu item during next visit. Limit one hot dog on a stick per visit. Participating locations only.
6. Grimaldi's Coal Brick-Oven Pizzeria has launched an easy-to-use online ordering system. Orders are completely customizable and includes all of their pizzas, select salads, calzones, drinks and desserts.
7. Double Barrel Roadhouse at the Monte Carlo recently introduced a new menu. Some of the new dishes include BBQ brisket loaded potato skins ($15), burnt ends ($14), cowboy chili, hot link sandwich or plate ($17), a smoked chicken Cobb salad, deep fried Twinkies ($7) and Mississippi mud pie.
8. Chef Francesco de Furio of Bistro 57 at Aliante hotel-casino will host an Italian cooking demonstration on March 10. Dishes include panzanella salad, chicken scaloppini, potato gnocchi and tiramisu. After instruction, all items will be brought out for the enjoyment of each guest. Cost is $50 per person. Limited space. Call 702-692-7265 to make reservations.
9. The third installment of Rivea's exclusive dinner series will feature an artichoke-centric menu and unique complimentary cocktails by Proprietors LLC. The dinner series happens on the first Friday of each month. Menu highlights include Tigele ham and artichoke, artichoke and spinach ravioli, lobster and purple artichokes, and Rivea chocolate artichoke. Tickets are $90. Rivea is located at Delano Las Vegas.
10. Nacho Daddy has introduced a new Happy Hour from 3 to 6 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays at all three valley locations. Menu items include street tacos, loaded mashed potatoes, Southwest chimichangas, cheese crisp, sausage and egg sliders, grilled Mexican corn on the cob and more. Individual plates during Happy Hour are $4 to $6.
11. Studio B Buffet at M Resort is now offering a prime rib brunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays. Brunch selections will include hand-carved prime rib of beef in addition to made-to-order omelets with an assortment of toppings, Applewood smoked bacon, buttermilk biscuits, country-style gravy and O’Brien potatoes. Guests will also enjoy an unlimited assortment of desserts and complimentary beverages including beer, wine and cordials. Cost is $24.99 for adults, $17.99 for children.
12. A new steakhouse has opened at the Railroad Pass Hotel and Casino on South Boulder Highway. Offerings include the 12 oz. New York Strip loin, 8 and 12 oz. Filet Mignon, the perfectly seasoned “Cowboy Steak,” a 22 oz. Bone-in Rib-Eye and a 14 oz. Rib-Eye. Prices start at $16 or steak. Chicken and seafood selections also available.
13. Sake Rok will make its grand debut at The Park on Las Vegas Boulevard on April 4. Sake Rok, which will be under the direction of Las Vegas local Albert Mack, is inspired by Japan's pop culture and fashion scene. SushiSamba alum Bobby Silva will serve as executive chef. Sake Rok will be open for lunch and dinner and offer a late-night bar and lounge. It will also offer a private event space dubbed Sakura Terrace at The Park.
If you would like to submit an item for a future list, send a press release to email@example.com.