Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley.
1. 7th & Carson bar and restaurant is now open at 616 E. Carson Street. The bar and restaurant, which is the vision of long-time hospitality operator Liam Dwyer, is designed to serve as a social hub and is describing itself as a "nice little drinking spot with really great food." Menu items include Carson Fried Chicken Wings, White Truffle Toast and Braised Oxtail Toast, Proscuitto Pizzetta, Legs & Eggs (tempura crab leg, caviar and barrel-aged ponzu), Duckling Pot Pie, Wood Roasted Salmon, Ancient Heirloom Popcorn (parmigiano cheese, truffle salt and chives) and Grilled Peach and Burrata. Prices range from $7 to $21 for a flatiron steak. The executive chef is Gregg Fortunato.
2. Capriotti's is offering the Chicken Chipotle Crunch sub for a limited time through Aug. 31. Featuring premium chicken, grilled hot with melted American cheese and topped with chipotle ranch dressing, lettuce, crispy cheddar onions, and tomatoes – the new sandwich can be ordered in any size, and also as part of Capriotti’s ‘Capture 2’ deal.
3. Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Brews is celebrating summer with a new burger -- the BBQ Boss Hogg. Available for a limited-time through October 1, the ancho-marinated gourmet burger is loaded with sweet and tangy BBQ pulled pork, cheddar cheese, dill pickle planks, tortilla strips, red onions, lettuce and smoky campfire mayo on a jalapeño cornmeal Kaiser roll. Red Robin is also giving Freckled Lemonade fans an opportunity to stay cool in the summer heat by pairing their BBQ Boss Hog with a refreshing new Freckled Lemonade Smoothie, or Absolut Frozen Freckled Lemonade for guests 21 and over. The new summer menu also features the BBQ Pork Loaded Chips.
4. The Lucky Penny is now open at The Palms. The playful menu features an array of modern American cuisine with a twist of world flavors for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu items unclude fluffy buttermilk Nutella pancakes, the eggsadilla, macho machaca hash. zin-braised meatballs, super salads, charred Brussels sprouts, chicken and biscuits, a selection of Neapolitan-style pizzas, and handmade boozy shakes. Open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
5. Delmonico Steakhouse inside The Venetian is offering a three-course summer dinner for $75 per person. First course is choice of traditional New Orleans gumbo, potato parmesan soup, organic baby mixed greens salad, petite iceberg lettuce wedge or beef carpaccio; second course is choice of Emeril's BBQ salmon, buttermilk fried young chicken, dry-aged petite ribeye or mushroom-crusted petite filet medallions; and third course is choice of caramel butter cake, banana cream pie parfait or pecan pie.
6. Fresco Italiano at the Westgate has a new summer menu. Highlights include housemade meatballs, fresh mussels, charred asparagus risotto, penne bolognese, agnolotti with pistachio butter, and a meatball flatbread.
7. Shake Shack's new Henderson location (2225 Village Walk Drive) is opening at 11 a.m. July 12. New shakes at the new location include PB Toffee Crunch, Takes the CupCAKE and Pie Oh My. Five percent of the sales from Shake Shack's sales of Pie Oh My will be donated to Three Square. Guests can also wash their burgers down with local brews from Joseph James Brewing Company in addition to the regular selection. Shake Shack is known for its 100 percent all-natural, antibiotic-free Angus beef burgers, chicken (no hormones added ever), griddled flat-top dogs, fresh-made frozen custard, and crispy crinkle cut fries.
8. Urban Turban has summer grilling covered with "turbanator chicken." Delivered straight to your doorstep, these meals save hours of prep work and cooking. Turbanator chicken (available in classic Tandoori marinade or marinated in a lemon and herb sauce) comes sealed in a five-pound pack starting at $32. Make it a full meal by adding fresh garden greens or pickled onion rings. Can also order in advance and pick up at Paradise location.
9. Dunkin' Donuts has introduced 2 new items for summer -- the S'mores Donut and the Chocolate Drizzled Strawberryy Croissant Donut. Dunkin' has also added the Dunkin' Energy Punch to its selection as a boost to the brand's beverage lineup. The new croissant donut features flaky, buttery layers, strawberry filling and a chocolate icing drizzle for the flavor of a chocolate covered strawberry in donut form. The S'mores Donut offers the perfect sweet and creamy combination of toasted marshmallow flavored filling and decadent s’mores topping made with HERSHEY’S® chocolate. Finally, for a fast, freshly-prepared, perfect portion of your favorite breakfast sandwich, from July 3 through August 27 Dunkin’ Donuts is offering egg and cheese Wake-up Wraps at the special price of two for $2. Ideal for on-the-go summer activities, Dunkin’ Donuts’ egg and cheese Wake-up Wrap features a five-inch round tortilla freshly made with egg and a slice of American cheese. Bacon, sausage or ham can be added for $1.
10. Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill is celebrating summer with 2 special events. The second beer dinner is happening July 11. Menu highlights include corn and crab salad, buttermilk fried chicken, BBQ baby back ribs, mac and cheese, coleslaw, jalapeno cornbread, and a brownie sundae. The brewing partner for the dinner is Joseph James Brewing Company. Cost An on July 15, a special BBQ menu for just $19 per person will feature Bar & Grill’s signature 1/4 rack of baby back ribs, 1/4 of a chicken (legs and thighs), pulled pork, cornbread and chef’s choice of sides all plated patio-side on the grill. Carry-out options are also available.
11. The restaurants at SLS Las Vegas are also celebrating summer. Bazaar Meat by Jose Andres is offering a seasonal tasting menu at $75 per person. Appetizers include cotton candy foie gras, super-giant pork-skin chicharron and a gazpacho shot. Entrées include Rosewood Texas Wagyu skirt steak, butifarra Catalan-style pork sausage, buttered potato puree and setas al ajillo button mushrooms. Dessert selections include cream puffs, assorted tarts and little cakes.
Katsuya at SLS Las Vegas is offering a four-course dinner for $45. First course options include crispy rice with spicy tuna, yellowtail sashimi with jalapeño, or spicy albacore sashimi with crispy onions. Second course choices include crispy chicken salad, creamy rock shrimp or crispy Brussels sprouts. The third course is a choice between seafood yakisoba, mushroom bop or omakase sushi. Dessert selections include assorted mochi ice cream and seasonal fruit.
And Cleo is offering a five-course dinner for $35. First course selections include a choice between hummus with tahini or Lebaneh with feta, served with warm laffa bread. Second course selections include a choice between a Greek or beets salad. Third course choices include spicy cigars or Brussels sprouts. Fourth course choices include grilled hanger steak or garlic shrimp. Dessert selections include sticky toffee pudding with vanilla gelato or flourless chocolate cake with vanilla gelato.
12. Hawthorn Grill at JW Marriott Las Vegas is now offering lunch 6 days a week. Lunch choices include the Rainbow Kale Salad or The Hawthorn Cobb, mojito fries, spinach and artichoke dip, sriracha wings, Hawthorn Burger, a steak sandwich, grilled chicken sandwich, and the short rib flatbread. Hawthorn has also added season items to its dinner menu including asparagus and burrata, gem lettuce salad, Amberjack yellowtale, a veal chop, grilled sweet corn and citrus lemon meringue tart.
13. Wine & Women Wednesdays happens every Wednesday at Americana Las Vegas. Ladies receive half off on all bottles of wine, including popular selections such as Chateau de Sancerre, Dashwood sauvignon blanc and Mer Soleil RSV chardonnay, and half off the entire menu, which is now offering seasonal selections such as Hawaiian bigeye tuna tartare, market-select oysters and Nantucket scallops, among others. There is also live entertainment every Wednesday night.
If you would like to submit an item for a future roundup, please send an email with photos to email@example.com.