LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Six Las Vegas valley schools are being recognized for closing the gender gap in science classes.
- East Career Technical Academy
- Las Vegas Academy of the Arts Performing Arts Center
- Adelson Educational Campus
- Spring Valley High School
- Valley High School
- Veterans Tribute Career and Technical Academy
The schools listed above received the Advanced Placement Computer Science Female Diversity Award.
To receive the award, schools must have achieved either a 50% or higher female representation in one or both AP computer science courses or a percentage of female computer science examinees that meets or exceeds that of the school’s female population.
In the past three years, the overall numbers of girls in AP science classes has more than doubled nationwide.