Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley.
1. Hash House A Go Go is celebrating National Watermelon Day on Aug. 3 with $1 Kiwi Lemonades. Those wishing to really celebrate this sweet summer favorite can add their choice of liquor at an additional cost. The lemonades will be offered at all 5 locations in the valley: 6800 W. Sahara Ave., inside The LINQ hotel-casino, inside the Rio hotel-casino and inside The Plaza in downtown Las Vegas.
2. Hot Summer Nights is now taking place on the patio at MRKT Sea & Land at Aliante hotel-casino. For the first time, MRKT’s spacious garden patio will be open in the evenings, welcoming guests with an array of seating, twinkled lights and misters to create a comfortable and inviting experience. The new menu special will include bottomless house wines and bottled beers available for $35, along with a selection of chef-inspired appetizers. Bites may include bacon wrapped dates in a red wine sauce, short rib crostini with brie and caramelized onions, chicken or beef skewers, and many others.
3. Wienerschnitzel is offering free root beer floats to customers all day long on Aug. 6 for National Root Beer Float Day with any purchase. Click here to download the coupon.
4. The Perch inside the Downtown Container Park has introduced 5 breakfast-themed alcoholic shots. The Cinnamon Toast Crunch features RumChata liqueur and Fireball Cinnamon Whisky, while the Irish Pancakes combines Jameson Irish Whiskey and butterscotch schnapps with an orange juice back. The Whiskey Scramble features egg white, whiskey, and maple syrup with a slice of bacon and the Liquid Sunshine has vodka, orange juice, and a hint of blood orange syrup, while the Good Morning is an eye-opening mix of coffee, Baileys Original Irish Cream, and Amaretto. Cost is $5 each or $12 for 3.
5. Otto Enoteca E Pizzeria at The Venetian is celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Moscow Mule through Dec. 31 with their own version of the drink. The Mulo Italiano includes Amsterdam vodka, Solerno Orange Liqueur, lime juice, blood orange juice and Fever Tree Ginger Beer. The original Moscow Mule, invented in 1941, blends vodka, spicy ginger beer and lime juice with a slice of lime as garnish. It is believed the "Moscow" part of its name was inspired by its base ingredient -- vodka -- and that liquor’s association with Russia, while "mule" refers to the "kick" that comes from the ginger beer. Cost is $7.50.
6. Glutton in Downtown Las Vegas has introduced a power lunch for two for $30. The power lunch begins with one shared snack followed by one main dish per person and concludes with a generously proportioned sweet dessert to share. Snacks include curried cauliflower, calamari fries, Japanese street corn, pickled tomatoes and Ahi tuna tacos. Main dishes include chop salad, Glutton burger or Garganelli pasta. Desserts include caramel corn profiteroles or peach cobbler.
7. Triple George Grill will debut a new The Sound of Music menu in honor of the smash hit Broadway musical’s run at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts, located just steps away. The special a la carte menu will be available August 2-14, 2016. Act One menu items include German Navy soup and The Lonely Goatherd (kale, goat cheese, candied pecans and maple vinaigrette). Act Two items include An Ordinary Couple (tuna and beef tartar) and Something Good (braised short rib ravioli). Guests can choose My Favorite Things (flat-iron steak with crab meat), the Von Tropp wiener schnitzel with spaetzle or Eidelweiss (pan-seared halibut) for the main course. The dessert menu will consist of Finale Ultima (chocolate lava cake) and Do Re Mi (pink champagne, lemon and raspberry sorbet). The special menu will be available between 4 and 10 p.m. daily.
8. BRIO Tuscan Grille is taking diners on a culinary tour of its recently revamped, Tuscan-inspired menu with an exclusive, 7-course dinner and wine pairing for $75 on Aug. 25. The one-time, ticketed event will feature a seven-course prix fixe menu showcasing a mix of classic BRIO favorites like the Pasta Alla Vodka as well as new menu additions such as the Prosciutto Wrapped Pork Tenderloin. Additionally, the dining experience will feature a sommelier who will expertly pair each course with one of BRIO's signature glasses of wine. Tickets can be purchased at BRIO in Town Square. Seating is limited.
9. Carson Kitchen in downtown Las Vegas has introduced several new items for the summer. Highlights include BBQ burnt ends (house pickles, highbrow ranch); potato skins (fried bologna, sour cream); sea bass (charred lemon, herbed greens); spiced watermelon (feta, cucumber, tajine) and Strawberry Pie (Harry’s berries, licor 43 whipped cream). Summer cocktails such as Sneaky Tiki (Avua Prata Cachaça, Licor 43, pineapple, fresh lime, coriander simple syrup); purple haze (George Dickel rye, St. Elder liqueur, fresh lime, mint, blueberry preserves); Thai One On (Whistling Andy Hibiscus Coconut Rum, green tea, egg white, lemongrass simple syrup, Thai bitters) and Try Something New (Del Maguey Vida Mezcal, watermelon purée, contratto bitters liqueur, basil simple syrup, ginger beer).
10. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is welcoming UNLV students and faculty back for the fall semester with a happy hour during the first 2 weeks of August at its UNLV store across from the UNLV student union. All patrons will receive 50% off their famous Ice Blendeds Aug. 1-15 from 2 to 6 p.m. CBTL also just opened a new location on South Eastern Avenue and are unveiling a fresh look at their Town Square location on Aug. 5.
11. TREVI Italian Restaurant inside the Forum Shops at Caesars is celebration two food holidays this month. National S'mores Day is Aug. 10, and TREVI will feature their S’mores gelato made with delicious chocolate chunks, creamy marshmallows and honey-flavored graham crackers, starting at $4.50 per scoop. For National Banana Split Day on Aug. 25, TREVI has the Banana Veneziana (AKA, the ultimate sundae) with bananas, a trio of gelati, chocolate, caramel & strawberry sauce for only $12. La Cave Wine & Food Hideaway inside Wynn Las Vegas is also celebrating National S'mores Day with their S'mores flatbread. And, Therapy in Downtown Las Vegas will feature their Cast Iron S'mores dessert on the national food holiday.
12. Cantina Laredo will host a four-course tequila dinner featuring specialty-crafted cocktails created by Casa Noble on Aug. 27. The evening will start at 7 p.m. with a round of refreshing libations, created by the restaurant's talented mixologists. Chef Todd Patricelli will dish up a flavorful four-course meal, featuring only the freshest ingredients and spices. Each course will be uniquely paired with a cocktail. A representative from Casa Noble will provide guests with a brief history of the triple distilled and certified organic tequila, which is the culmination of seven generations of tequila makers. Cost is $49.99 a person. Space is limited. Call 702-202-4511 for more information.
13. N9NE Steakhouse at The Palms hotel-casino has unveiled a special summer menu crafted by Executive Chef Barry S. Dakake. In addition to appetizers and meals, diners can also enjoy several new cocktails. Menu items include Duroc pork wontons, black pepper fettuccine alfredo, organic truffle chicken, Twin Tristan Island lobster tails and black cod miso. New cocktails include the Green Apple Mule, Blackberry Sage Manhattan, Brooklyn Berry and Jalisco Sangria. The menu will be available through mid-September.
Send restaurant news to firstname.lastname@example.org.