Here is a list of 13 things to do around the Las Vegas valley for the week of Nov. 8-14:
1. SEMA Ignited is happening Nov. 8 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The after-party for the SEMA Show will feature a parade of cars and trucks, drift demonstrations, celebrities, food, music and the culmination of the SEMA Battle of the Builders competition.
2. The iconic musical "Jesus Christ Superstar" is celebrating its 50th anniversary with performances on Nov. 8 and 9 at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts. This production pays tribute to the historic 1971 Billboard Album of the Year while creating a modern, theatrical world.
3. The top bull riders in the country are in Las Vegas this week for the 2019 Unleash The Beast World Finals at T-Mobile Arena. They will be competing for $2.5 million dollars. The American Bull World Finals will take place before that at the South Point hotel-casino, which is also the site of the Western Gift Show.
4. Sour Saturday is happening again this weekend at Atomic Liquors in downtown Las Vegas. The annual event features unlimited pours of more than 50 unique beers from dozens of breweries. The festival is taking place from 2 to 5 p.m. Nov. 9.
5. The Artisan Craft Festival is happening Nov. 9 and 10 at Sam's Town. There will be more than 60 artisan vendors, a free family crafts corner, one-of-a-kind gift ideas, a balloon artist, music and food.
6. The Cornish Pasty Co. is hosting a punk rock flea market from 8 p.m. to midnight Nov. 9. There will be rad bands, local artists, a donation area, cheap booze and more.
7. PJ Morton, who was a keyboardist for Maroon 5, music director for Solange and producer for artists like India.Arie, is performing Nov. 9 at Brooklyn Bowl. The GRAMMY Award-winning artist is known for using his smooth vocals to blend old-school soul and vintage R&B sounds.
8. The Great American Foodie Fest is happening this weekend at M Resort. The festival features some of the top food trucks in the country, carnival rides and games, live entertainment, a beer garden and more. Admission is free to the event for the first time.
9. Country artist Tim Montana is performing Nov. 8 at Stoney's Rockin' Country. Montana's musical influences range from Merle Haggard to Guns N' Roses. Rolling Stone selected him as one of the "Artists You Need To Know."
10. The Las Vegas Pagan Pride Project is hosting a festival from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 9 at Paradise Park. There will be dancing, public rituals, speakers on a variety of topics, vendors, and more! This event is open to people of all ages and to anyone of any tradition, level of practice, or path.
11. The Plain White T's are performing Nov. 9 at the Silverton. The band is most known for their No. 1 hit song "Hey There Delilah." Other hit songs include "1234" and "Rhythm of Love."
12. The annual Las Vegas Veterans Day Parade is happening at 10 a.m. Nov. 11 in downtown Las Vegas. The parade will run north on Fourth Street between Gass and Stewart avenues. The local parade is one of the largest in the country.
13. Green Valley Ranch Resort is hosting a Vegas Golden Knights-themed Rock Shot Bingo on Nov. 14. The grand prize is 2 tickets to a game. There will also be a drawing for a VGK signed jersey, a live DJ, drinks, prizes and all electronic cards. $25 per person includes 10 games/30 cards.
BONUS EVENT FROM OUR SPONSOR
The 13th annual Las Vegas National CSI 3*-W Horse Show returns to the South Point Arena Nov. 11-17. From Olympians and previous Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ competitors, guests will watch Olympic-level jumpers and the nation’s top hunters compete for the highest honors. Throughout the week, hunter, equitation and jumper competitions will take place in both the Main Arena and the Priefert Pavilion starting at 7:30 a.m. On Nov. 16, sme of the most prestigious riders in show jumping will compete for $100,000. Family fun activities that night include a caricature artist, face painting, a photo station, craft stations, shopping and more. Click here for more information.
If you would like to submit an event for a future 13 Things list, send an email to email@example.com.