Here is a list of 13 things to do in Las Vegas this week for the week of Sept. 14 through 20:
1. The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will be in action at Las Vegas Motor Speedway through Sept. 16. Highlights include the World Truck Series race at 9 p.m Sept. 14, the Xfinitiy Series DC Solar race at 5 p.m. Sept. 15 and the South Point 400 race at 3 p.m. Sept. 16.
2. The Las Vegas Greek Food Festival is back at St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church Sept. 14-16. The festival features traditional Greek food Greek dancing, Greek shops with clothing, jewelry, cultural and religious items, church tours, and a children’s fun zone with rides and games.
3. The 39th annual San Gennaro Feast is happening through Sept. 16 at Boulder Station. The event features fabulous Italian foods, live music and entertainment, carnival rides, fireworks, multiple vendors and more.
4. Animazing Gallery at Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian/The Palazzo is bringing downtown Las Vegas artist Alex P. Huerta Peacenart Studio to the Las Vegas Strip. There will be a reception for Huerta from 6 to 9 p.m. Sept. 14. The gallery features a different local artist each quarter.
5. ONE will bring their Metallica tribute show to the Henderson Pavilion on Sept. 14. Unlike other Metallica tribute and cover bands, ONE focuses explicitly on the audio and visual aspects of a live Metallica show. Their catalog consists of over 60 songs from Metallica’s early garage band days up to the legends that they are today.
6. El Tiempo, the largest Hispanic publication in Nevada, will host Fiesta! Las Vegas at Craig Ranch Regional Park on Sept. 15. The day will begin with a parade at 10 a.m. There will be live entertainment, music, food trucks and vendors from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
7. The 9th annual Beer Fest returns to the Golden Nugget on Sept. 15. The event will feature rare and unique beers, mouth-watering food, and live entertainment. Portions from each full-price ticket sold will benefit The Animal Foundation. Pre-sale tickets to The Grand Tasting are now on sale and start at $64. Tickets will be available at the door for $69. For $84, guests can upgrade to VIP tickets and receive early admission one hour prior. 8. The 28th annual Ho’olaule’a Pacific Islands Festival returns to Henderson on Sept. 15 and 16. This year’s celebration features a variety of traditional island entertainment and popular island food. The two-day festival also includes crafts, Keiki (children’s) zone including petting zoo, Hawaiian vintage store, demonstrations, and information booths. A car and motorcycle show is another event highlight.
9. Enjoy Jazz in The Underground at the Mob Museum every Saturday night in September. Amanda King & Her Prohibition Three perform Sept. 15 from 7 to 10 p.m. Free entry with password Cool Cats.
10. The Las Vegas Philharmonic open its 20th anniversary season with a performance on Sept. 15 in Reynolds Hall at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts. The orchestra will celebrate Leonard Bernstein’s 100th birthday with Bernstein’s “Overture to Candide” and “Symphonic Dances fro West Side Story.”
11. The violinist dynamic duo Rebecca Sabine and Luca Ciarla perform 2 p.m. Sept. 16 at Winchester Cultural Center. Ciarla is known for his ability on the fiddle and “toy instruments.” Sabine performs with the Las Vegas Philharmonic.
12. Rí Rá Las Vegas will host a Halfway to St. Patrick’s Day celebration on Monday, Sept. 17 from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m., with a grand party featuring $5 Guinness draft specials, live music from John Windsor and amazing giveaways. In addition, Ri Ra is offering an Irish-inspired menu with 20 percent of the proceeds benefitting HELP of Southern Nevada. The menu includes guests’ favorite Gaelic offerings like Guinness Beer Cheese and Pretzels ($10),Whiskey Bread Pudding ($10), Hot Irish Beef Sandwich ($14), Rasher and Leek Chicken ($22) andKilbeggan Salmon ($24) through Sept. 17.
13. Comedian, actress, writer and producer Whitney Cummings is returning to Las Vegas for four special headline performances a the Comedy Cellar at Rio hotel-casino starting Sept. 17. Other performances are Sept. 18 and Nov. 12 and 13.
If you would like to submit an item for this list, send a press release to email@example.com.