Here are 13 things to do this week in the Las Vegas valley for the week of Oct. 27 through Nov. 2:
1. Hollywood Undead performs Oct. 27 in the Pearl Concert Theater at The Palms. The group is known for its distillation of rock, hip-hop, industrial and electronic music. The five "brothers" are promoting their 5th album titled "Five."
2. The Circus of Horror is unlike any other Halloween show you may have seen. Performers include demented clowns, a possessed contortionist, a dead bride aerialist, the assistant Igor, a spooky magician and his assistant, a three sisters with a unique balancing act.
3. Las Vegas Little Theater is presenting the chilling story of "The Birds" through Nov. 5. Daphne du Maurier's short story, also the basis for Alfred Hitchcock's classic firm, has been boldly adapted by Conor McPherson. Masses of birds drive strangers to take refuge in an abandoned cabin and form a bond to survive.
4. Vintage Market Days is happening Oct. 27 through 29 in Downtown Summerlin. The indoor/outdoor market will feature original art, antiques, clothing, jewelry, home decor, yummy treats and more.
5. The Downtown Las Vegas Events Center is hosting The Gathering: Maiden Voyage on Oct. 27 and 28. Performances by K?D, Robotaki, Sam V, Matt Campbell, Justin Martin, Lee Foss, Sly Turner, Kill Frenzy and more.
6. The 60 on the 88s (ten fingers times six performers plus 88 keys on the grand piano) jazz piano concert at 2 p.m. Oct. 28 at Charleston Heights Arts Center will feature performances by 6 notable Las Vegas performers: Uli Geissendoerfer, Dave Richardson, Frank Leone, Otto Ehling, Joey Singer and Patrick Hogan. Dan Falcone will emcee. Tickets are $20 per person.
7. Try on Civil War uniforms, learn to march and drill in formation and participate in a mock skirmish with other visitors during the Civil War Experience at 10 a.m. Oct. 28 at Spring Mountain Ranch State Park. Free admission to experience, park fees apply.
9. DOGtober Beer Fest & Brat Party on Oct. 28 at Big Dog's on North Rancho Drive will feature 45 plus craft beers, Wisconsin brats, and live entertainment. /111003246235158
10. The legendary R&B group The Whispers are performing Oct. 28 at Eastside Cannery. Hit songs by the group that formed in 1963 include “Rock Steady,” “And the Beat Goes On,” “It’s A Love Thing,” “Lady,” “Seems Like I Gotta Do Wrong,” “Innocent,” “Tonight” and “One for the Money.”
11. The official Las Vegas Halloween Parade is happening between 8 and midnight. Oct. 28 on Fremont Street. Everyone is welcome to participate as long as they are in costume. Everyone is also welcome to just watch.
12. The Bunkhouse Saloon is hosting a benefit concert on Oct. 29 featuring Holding Onto Sound, Rusty Maples, Outside Looking In, Narrowed, The Quitters, The Rifleman and more. 100 percent of the proceeds will go to local relief efforts for those affected by mass shooting.
13. The Winchester Cultural Center is hosting a Life in Death Festival on Nov. 1 from 4 to 7 p.m. The festival features beautiful ofrendas (altars) glowing with candlelight and covered with food, drink and artifacts that the dead loved in life. There will also be music, dance and poetry.