The following is a list of 13 Things To Do This Week In Las Vegas.
1. The 30th annual Farm Fall Festival is happening this weekend at The Las Vegas Farm. There will be tons of pumpkins and squash, local honey and fresh eggs, jams and jellies and fun activities for the kids.
2. Tea, Trends & Tranquility is happening virtually Oct. 16. The fundraiser event will feature a fashion show, silent auction, readings by Mystic Mona and more. All proceeds will benefit HELP of Southern Nevada.
3. Dray Gardener, founder of Silent Savasana, is leading a unique outdoor yoga experience at Lee Canyon on Oct. 16. The event is a fundraiser for the Play It Forward Fund that helps local families. Other weekend events include a blood drive and a coat & sock drive for Project 150.
4. Matt’s Day in honor of Matt Cipoth is happening on Oct. 16 at 3 local sports stores — Uniform Sports and two Vegas Sports & Hockey stores. Owner Bruce Mianecki is offering 16% off all merchandise. 16% of the daily sales will also be donated to Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s Nevada chapter in honor of Matt.
5. Ask a Ranger: Meet the Desert Tortoise is happening at 11 a.m. Oct. 16. The Facebook Live event will be hosted by Desert National Wildlife Refuge. Ranger Josh and special guests will discuss the threatened species.
6. The Lake of Dreams is back with a brand-new “show” at Wynn Las Vegas. The immersive theatrical journey unfolds over 12 high-tech artistically diverse new acts that combine magic, lights, film, music, sculpture and puppetry.
7. Lawry’s The Prime Rib is serving up a meal made in heaven for steak lovers for the month of October for just $69 per person. The three-course meal includes choice of starters (spinning bowl salad, wedge salad or lobster bisque); choice of roasted prime rib, filet mignon or New York Strip; choice of creamed corn, creamed spinach, au gratin potatoes or grilled asparagus; and choice of creme brûlée, chocolate cake or English trifle. Add ons and wine are also available.
8. Crystal Palace Rancho is now open. Masks and temperature checks are required. Family skate night happens on Tuesdays and Wacky Wednesday takes place from 4 to 9 p.m. every Wednesday. Every Friday there’s a Cosmic Skate from 2 to 9 p.m.
9. The next Movie in the Park is “Hocus Pocus” on Oct. 16 at Trigono Hills Park on Cliff Shadows Parkway. Bring low chairs and blankets. Social distancing encouraged. Free and open to public. Hosted by city Councilman Stavros S. Anthony.
10. The Drive-In Movie Series at Hollywood Recreation Center will also feature “Hocus Pocus” on Oct. 16. Hosted by Clark County Parks & Recreation. Parking spots limited to every other space. Chairs allowed within parking spot. Doors open at 6, movie at 7:45 p.m.
11. Ellis Island is celebrating Oktoberfest in The Front Yard from 4 to 7 p.m. Oct. 17. Tickets include unlimited Ellis Island beer for 3 hours, seating, a souvenir t-shirt, an appetizer and entree. There will be stein holding contests and giveaways held throughout. Social distancing enforced. No parties larger than 6.
12. Ballet120 is presenting “A New Age of Dance” at 5 p.m. Oct. 18. The show will be live-streamed from The Space and will feature 4 stage premieres and 2 dance video premiers. Music by Gershwin, Tycho, and Las Vegas local composer, Rylan Leo Helmuth. Tickets are $20.
13. The annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk will be known as the Strides Ride this year. It’s happening at 9 a.m. Oct. 18 at Red Rock hotel-casino. Participants are invited to decorate their car and wear team shirts or pink outfits.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos and photos welcome.