The following is a list fo 13 things to do this week in Las Vegas for the week of Oct. 13 through 19:
1. If you’d like to put some WOW into your day, head to “WOW - World of Wonder" at the Rio. More than 30 artists fly, flip, fold, dance and defy imagination in a theater featuring 3D multi-media projections, water walls and holograms.
2. The Age of Chivalry Renaissance Festival is take place Oct. 13 through 15 at Sunset Park. There will be jousting, sword fighting, dinner theater, live entertainment on multiple stages, guild demonstrations, good food, and multiple vendors.
3. The Thunderbird Hotel and Lounge on Oct. 13 is hosting the latest Zelly Vibes EP Release Party. There will be live music, a DJ and drink specials all night long.
4. The East Las Vegas Community Center will celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with a Family Fiesta on Oct. 14. There will be food, games, face painting, live entertainment and more.
5. The Clark County Fire Department is hosting an open house in conjunction with Fire Prevention Week and Earthquake Safety Month at Fire Station 66 on Mountains Edge Parkway. There will be free disaster supply kits (while supplies last) and information.
6. The Charleston Heights Arts Center is hosting a story slam on Oct. 14. A story slam is a celebration of words and experience that shape and define who we are. This theme for this story slam is “Facing Your Fears.”
7. The annual Summerlin Festival of the Arts on Oct. 14 features music, food, entertainment and art. It will take place on The Lawn in Downtown Summerlin. There will also be a car show and children’s activities. More than 110 artists participating.
8. Join X107.5FM radio personality Pauly Krover on Oct. 15 for X-Effect Live at The Rockhouse at The Venetian. Live music by Holes and Hearts. Enjoy huge selection of craft beer, $5 shot specials, and great burgers.
9. Head to the roof of the Commonwealth on Oct. 18 for the Nacho House Takeover. Featuring DJs Flash.Gang, Laguerre, Tony Comfort Jones, and Skye. However, we do not know if there will b nachos.
10. The October Third Thursday on Oct. 19 at Village Square is sure to be a spooktacular event. Children are encouraged to dress in Halloween costumes and trunk-or-treat during the car show. There will also be games for kids, pumpkin painting, a DJ and a blood drive.
11. Silent Savasana isn’t just a yoga experience. It’s a chance to find yourself, think about everything you want and realize what it is you really need. It’s happening Oct. 19 beside the pool at Red Rock Resort.
12. Enjoy a night of flute and springs on Oct. 19 at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts as part of the Las Vegas Philharmonic Spotlight Concert Series. Selections will include “Beethoven Serenade, Opus 25 for Flute,” “Mozart Flute Quartet No. 1” and “Hoffmeister Quartet in C Minor for Flute.”
13. Rick Vitallo and friends will perform during Flowers, Wine & Jazz at Cork & Thorn in Tivoli Village on Oct. 19. Hang out in their floral-filled lounge, enjoy top wine, Champagne and craft beer, and listen to great jazz music by some of the best jazz players and singers in Las Vegas.
If you would like to submit an item for a future 13 Things, send an email with details to firstname.lastname@example.org.