List of 13 things to do this week in Las Vegas for the week for Nov. 3 through 9:
1. Tape Face, who once convinced a Spice Girl to wear a toilet seat on her head, performs Wednesdays through Sundays at Flamingo Las Vegas. His simple, clever and charming humor has earned him fans around the globe.
2. 'Welcome to the Jungle' is theme for this month's First Friday. Featured artist is Cliff Morris. Another Joy Foundation and Day Glow Relief will be accepting donations for Puerto Rico. Friends of Metro will be accepting turkey donations. Live entertainment by Las Vegas Academy, Denise Clement, Post Noble, Lil' Rheuk and Talbot Snow.
3. SEMA Ignited, official SEMA Show after party, is happening Nov. 3 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Come see many of the cars and trucks featured at the show. There will be food, drift demonstrations, celebrities, and culmination of the SEMA Battle of the Builders Competition.
4. The South Point will be hosting a Breeders' Cup handicapping seminar and viewing parties on Nov. 3 and 4. The seminar is happening at 6 p.m. Nov. 3 in the sports book. The viewing parties will take place in the Grand Ballroom, starting at 9 a.m. both days. Free drinks with wagers, food specials, and on-site betting stations.
5. Las Vegas Little Theatre presents "The Motherf**ker With the Hat" Nov. 3 through 19. The story features Jackie, out on parole and newly sober, determined to start anew with his childhood sweetheart Veronica. But, her coke addiction, his AA sponsor and another man's hat in Jackie's living room threaten to derail his progress.
6. The 3rd annual Las Vegs Championship Ribfest is happening from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 4 at Red Rock Resort. Sample the best ribs in Las Vegas for only $20. There will also be live music, eating contests, face painting for kids, live music, cooking classes and more.
7. If you like tacos and cars, you might want to check out the Project Taco Festival on Nov. 4 at Craig Ranch Regional park. There will also be a musical tribute to Selena, folkloric dance and mariachi groups, an elote station, a margarita and Michelada bar, and more. General admission is $10.
8. Sin City Opera presents "Mostly Mozart: A Celebration" at 7 p.m. Nov. 4 and 2 p.m. Nov. 5 at Winchester Cultural Center. “Mostly Mozart: A Celebration”, is a collaboration of artists, performance artists, singers, actors, and instrumentalists bringing new life into beloved Mozart works. Traditional and contemporary pieces will be offered in this festival of creativity dedicated to making Mozart relevant in our modern times.
9. The 2nd annual Pray for Snow Party is happening 3 to 7 p.m. Nov. 4 at Skye Center on West Skye Canyon Park Drive. There will be free food and beverages, live music by Rein Garcia, a vendor village, and a chance to win prizes like North Face jackets and lift tickets. Guests can also pick up or purchase a Lee Canyon season pass while they are there. The event will also serve as a canned food drive for Three Square.
10. The 5th annual Sour Saturday is happening Nov. 4 at Atomic Liquors. General admission tickets will get you unlimited pours of dozens of incredible sour beers and a tasting guide. VIP tickets include early entrance, special area, a shirt or hat, food by The Kitchen at Atomic, raffle tickets and more.
11. Artisanal Foods on Pama Lane is hosting a cheese class and free tasting from 1 to 4 p.m. Nov. 5. Taste 8 cheese with original accompaniments. See how fresh mozzarella is made. Space is limited. Call 702-736-4252 to reserve a spot.
12. The College of Southern Nevada Fine Arts Department presents "Madrigals and More," featuring The CSN Chamber Chorale, at 4 p.m. Nov. 5 at Christ the Servant Lutheran Church in Henderson. Free concert featuring choral classical music.
13. The Soul Train Awards are back at The Orleans on Nov. 5. Erykah Badu, godmother of soul, will host the show. Toni Braxton will receive the legend Award and the R&B trio SWV will receive the Lady of Soul Award. Tickets start at $46.79 plus taxes and fees.
If you would like to submit an event for 13 Things, send an email to email@example.com.