Here is the list of 13 things to do in Las Vegas for the week of Nov. 15 through 21:
1. Cigar lovers are invited to the Cigar Aficionado magazine's Big Smoke Weekend this weekend at The Mirage. There will be two Big Smoke evenings, an opportunity to meet women making an impact in the industry, a discussion about fighting the FDA, the chance to learn how to roll cigars and more.
2. UNLV Rebel's homecoming game is happening Nov. 16 at Sam Boyd Stadium. The Scarlet and Gray Festival and Parade will take place outside the Student Union from 5 to 10 p.m. Nov. 15. There will be a public block party before the game from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 16 and the game against Hawaii will start at 1 p.m.
3. The next edition of Vegas Voice is happening Nov. 15 at Grouchy John's Coffee. The monthly showcase features writers, singers, poets, comedians and storytellers.
4. Vegas Sin City Opera will perform "The Princess and the Magic Flute" as part of the Opera in the Park series at Durango Hills Park on Saturday. The opera tells the story of the Queen of the Night, Priest Sarastro, Prince Tamino, Princess Pamina and the bird-like duo, Papageno and Papagena. The family-friendly opera is free and open to the public.
5. The first ever Las Vegas Pizza Festival is happening Nov. 16 at the Industrial Event Space. The festival will feature sample slicers from 20 of the finest pizza makers in Las Vegas, including 13-time World Pizza Champion and Food Network star Tony Geminagni (Pizza Rock), John Arena (Metro Pizza), Vincent Rotolo (Good Pie) and Gio Mauro (Pizzeria Monzú).
6. The 17th annual Wine Experience from Lee's Liquors is happening 4 to 8 p.m. Nov. 16 at the Thomas & Mack Center. The event will feature more than 1,000 wines along with spirits and beer.
7. The Music of Queen for Kids is the next concert in the second series of Rock and Roll Playhouse at Brooklyn Bowl. The purpose of the series is to create a comfortable and safe environment for children and introduce them to iconic artists. The concert starts at 11 a.m. Nov. 16.
8. The 4th annual Great American Comic Con is happening Nov. 16 and 17 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. There will be comic book writers, artists and professionals in the business. The con features major comic book dealers and the local comic book community.
9. The Back of the House Brawl is having its first daytime competition on Nov. 17. It's the last competition of the year and only one chef team will be named champion. There will also be a bartender competition, food trucks, music and more.
10. The 2019 Soul Train Awards is coming to the Orleans Arena on Nov. 17. This year’s nominees for Soul Train Awards include musical artists Chris Brown, Beyoncé, Lizzo, Drake and more. Presenters for the 2019 Soul Train Awards include Babyface and Kirk Franklin. Performances by Jeremih and Kelly Price, Queen Naija, K. Michelle, SiR, Boyz II Men, Luke James, BJ the Chicago Kid and more.
11. Distill Centennial Hills is hosting a '70s party on Saturday and Remedy's Conestoga is celebrating 11 years in Henderson with an '80s party, also on Saturday. Costumes are encouraged at both folders. Drink specials at the '80s party include Malibu Pop Rocks and Pop Rocks on the Beach. Drink specials at the '70s party include Tequila Sunrises and Tom Collins.
12. There will be a tree lighting ceremony Nov. 20 with Marc-Andre Fleury and Max Pacioretty of the Vegas Golden Knights at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. In addition to the ceremony, there will be ice skating and holiday food and beverage selections. The event starts at 6 p.m. and the tree lighting is at 7.
13. The James Beard Vegas Vegan Encore Dinner is happening Nov. 20 at CATCH Las Vegas inside the ARIA Resort & Casino. Vegas, Baby founder Diana Edelman is hosting the event. Chefs include Vegas Vegan Executive Chef Andrew Carroll (CATCH), Assistant Executive Pastry Chef Cynthia Inguanzo (MGM Grand), Executive Chef Jessica Perlstein (Searsucker), Executive Chef Jimmy Lisnard (L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon) and Executive Chef Roy Ellamar (Harvest by Roy).
BONUS EVENT SPONSORS SOUTH POINT HOTEL, CASINO & SPA
The ultimate ABBA tribute, Abbacadabra will return again to the South Point Showroom Nov. 17 for a memorable evening filled with the group’s greatest hits paired with full ABBA fashion and flair. With hits such as “S.O.S,” “Super Trooper” and “Dancing Queen” the evening will take hearts back to the original creations while taking over the hearts of those who are experience the show for the first time. The night will also feature melodies of “Fernando” and “Chiquitita,” which will rekindle feelings of first love while hits such as “Take a Chance on Me” and “Voulez Vous” will have the audience up and dancing. The show is authentic in music and dress and is performed to live music that will leave the audience excited and sentimental at the same time.