Here is a list of 13 things to do this week in Las Vegas for the week of May 6 though 12:
1. Television star and pop music icon Selena Gomez is bring her Revival World Tour to the Mandalay Bay Event Center May 6. Top hits include "Come & Get It," "Love You Like a Love Song" and "Who Says."
2. Up-and-coming local bands will hit the stage in two qualifying rounds on May 6 and 11 at the Hard Rock Cafe to compete in the finals for Hard Rock Rising on June 1. Some of the bands include UpRite Lions, Raven Cain, Chaotic Resemblance, Light 'Em Up. The Scoundrels and Almost Awake. Open to all ages. No cover.
3. Singer Frankie Moreno has a new show titled "Under the Influence" at Planet Hollywood. Moreno, who plays the piano, guitar and harmonica, is accompanied by a 10-piece band. Although he's been compared to Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, his music is still distinctly contemporary. Performances are daily except Sundays.
4. The 10th annual Lee's Beer & Tequila Experience is happening May 7 at Sunset Station. The event will feature more than 300 handcrafted beers and 70 of the finest tequilas available. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Lee's Helping Hand, a nonprofit organization.
5. Get in touch with your inner scientist at the Las Vegas Science & Technology Expo on May 7 at Cashman Center. There will be robotics demonstrations, Rubik cube competition, amazing insects on display, giant fossils from around Nevada, a variety of experiments for kids to try, and much more.
6. Jazz in the Park on May 7 at the Clark County Government Center Amphitheater will feature performances by Lavay Smith and Outside Inn Trio and the Bishop Gorman Jazz Ensemble. Picnics, blankets and low-back chairs welcome.
7. The theme for this month's First Friday is Art Through the Ages. Highlights will include five artists live painting, a group of artisans interacting with crowd, special offers from Cowabunga Bay, and free tastings of homemade bread from Dignity Health. There will also be a farmer's market, chef demos, family fun, and more.
8. The new T-Mobile Arena will host the megafight between Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Amir Khan for the middleweight championship. Alvarez is a Mexican street fighter with ginger hair who started fighting before he started shaving. Khan was Britain's youngest boxing medalist at the age of 17 and is currently ranked as world's 2nd best welterweight by The Ring magazine.
9. The top Supercross and Supercross Lites riders will compete in the 2016 Monster Energy Supercross Finals at Sam Boyd Stadium on May 7. The Party in the Pit before the event will feature riders signing autographs, thrill acts, live bands, vendor booths and more. The Supercross is part of Championship Weekend, which also includes the AMSOIL Arenacross at the Orleans Arena on May 6.
10. The Eli Young Band, who began performing together in 2000 while attending North Texas State University, perform May 7 at Aliante. The band is known for their potent live shows and edgy, passionate indie albums.
11. Jennifer Nettles, singer/songwriter and lead vocalist for the super duo Sugarland, performs May 7 inside The Pearl at The Palms. Nettles is best known for the emotionally-charged, platinum-selling No. 1. hit "Stay."
12. Henderson's annual art festival is happening May 7 and 8. The family-friendly event will feature a variety of contemporary artists, fine craft, fashion and home décor artisans, as well as chalk art masterpieces. There will also be live entertainment, delicious food, and activities for children.
13. Jason Bonham, the son of late legendary Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, is bring the Led Zeppelin Experience to Brooklyn Bowl on May 12. The set list draws from 20 Zeppelin cuts hand-picked by Jason and he even performs a duet of "Moby Dick" alongside his father.
If you would like to submit an event for 13 Things, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.