Here is a list of 13 things to do in Las Vegas for the week of May 13 through 19:
1. Zowie Bowie is kicking off a new residency at Downtown Grand's Citrus at The Grand Pool Deck on May 13. Zowie Bowie performs a unique blend of Top 40, classic Las Vegas music, hip-hop and more.
2. Fremont Street will host one of the world's greatest gathering of vehicles used in popular television shows and movies this weekend. The 2016 Las Vegas Car Stars weekend will kick off with a parade down Las Vegas Boulevard on May 13. The car show will take place May 14 on Fremont Street. There will also be autograph sessions, guest appearances, and more.
3. Banger Brewing is hosting the 2nd annual Locals Only Beer Festival on May 14 in the center court of Neonopolis. Breweries include Barley's, Banger Brewing, Hop Nuts, Triple 7, Joseph James, Tenaya Creek, Chicago Brewery, Ellis Island and others. The Southern Nevada Ale Fermenters Union will also recognize the Home Brewer of the Year 2016.
4. Get ready to dance to your favorite music from the '80s at the Flashback Concert Jam, formerly known as Second Chance Prom, at The Orleans Arena on May 14. Performers include Taylor Dayne, En Vogue, Expose, Tiffany, The Jets, Club Nouveau and more. There will also be a special surprise guest.
5. Comedian Ian Bagg got his start in Canada. After he moved to New York City, he appeared on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien," "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" and "Tonight Show with Jay Leno." See him perform May 13 inside Vinyl at Hard Rock hotel-casino.
6. The Taste of Town Square is taking place all weekend. The social dinner is happening May 13 and the Tour de Fork + Mixology will take place 4 to 9 p.m. May 14. Don't miss this chance to try food and drinks from all of the restaurants in Town Square.
7. Beginnings!, the ultimate Chicago tribute band, performs May 13 through 15 in the showroom at the South Point hotel-casino. Beginnings! is comprised of a group of individually talented musicians who can recreate every decade of the band Chicago's hits.
8. The legendary country singer Brenda Lee performs May 13 in the Gordie Brown Showroom at Golden Nugget. Lee had more than 40 songs top the charts in the '60s alone. Songs include "I'm Sorry" and "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree."
9. The Inspirada community in Henderson is hosting a colorful afternoon featuring artwork and prints by local artists, as well as small bites and refreshments, on May 14. Sponsored by Wonderland Gallery and The Arts Factory las Vegas. Guests will have a chance to win original artwork by Kat Tatz, who was recently featured on HGTV's "DIY to the Rescue."
10. The Gold Mine Tavern in Henderson had such a huge response to their last paint party, they are hosting another one on May 15. $20 includes canvas, paint and instruction. Drinks are extra.
11. The Vegas Rocks! Hair Metal Awards are taking place May 15 at Eastside Cannery. Twisted Sister and Scorpions will be honored. Appearances by Quiet Riot, Winger, Angel (with full original member line-up), Pretty Boy Floyd and more.
12. The Bunkhouse Saloon will be showing "Four Rooms" during its next Bunkhouse & Chill event on May 15. Free admission and snacks. Bring a blanket and a pillow.
13. The English rock band The Cure, which formed in 1979 and is known for their sound ranging from punk to goth rock to pop and electronic dance music, perform May 19 inside The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan. Stop by STK before the show to try 'The Cure' cocktail that will have you singing "you can never get enough, enough of this stuff."
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send a press release to email@example.com.