Here is this week's list of 13 things to do in the Las Vegas valley:
1. The indie rock back Death Cab for Cutie made their debut in 1998 with "Something About Airplanes. Their newest single is titled "Black Sun." They perform March 17 at The Cosmopolitan.
2. Neil Sedaka got his start as a teen pop star in the late '50s and early '60s. He is a singer, songwriter and pianist. He performs March 17 and 18 at The Orleans.
3. 10,000 Maniacs, which formed in 1981, was one of the very first alternative rock bands. Their 1987 album titled "My Tribe" spent 77 weeks on the charts. They perform March 17 at The Cannery.
4. The longest-running open-air beer festival in the area, Brew's Best Craft Beer Festival, is happening March 18 in Downtown Summerlin. Unlimited samplings, delicious food and live music. Proceeds benefit New Vista.
5. Classic country singer Mark Chesnutt began his run up the charts in 1990 with "Too Cold At Home." He performs March 18 at the M Resort.
6. It's Hero Day on March 18 and 19 at Cowabunga Bay. All emergency responders, police, fire and military personnel will be admitted free along with one guest. Additional guests admitted for $9.99 each. The park opens to all on March 25.
7. Hip-hop pioneers Naughty by Nature perform March 18 at LAX Nightclub. The group was discovered by Queen Latifah and released their first album in 1991. Their single "O.P.P." was named one of the top 100 rap singles of all time by The Source magazine.
8. UNLV Opera Theater and UNLV Symphony Orchestra is presenting "A Midsummer Night's Dream" through March 18 in the Judy Bayley Theatre at UNLV. A pre-opera talk will begin 30 minutes before curtain.
9. A designer brand garage sale benefiting Mondays Dark with Mark Shunock and Dinosaurs & Roses will take place March 19 at The Space LV. There will be $500,000 of furniture, home decor and accessories from exhibitors and showrooms at The World Market Center.
10. Skye Canyon's annual 8K trail and 5K road race are happening March 19. A Fit Fest will follow featuring a variety of fitness classes and activities for the kids including mini golf, an obstacle course and a rock-climbing wall.
11. The Motet performs at The Yard inside Topgolf and The Funk Jam will perform at The Birdi Bar on March 22. The Motet got its start in 1998 in Denver. The Funk Jam has been together since 2011.
12. Help entertainer Marty Allen celebrate his 95th birthday on March 23 at the South Point. Allen got his start performing as the opening act for stars such as Eydie Gorme and Nat King Cole. He then became part of the comedy team of Allen & Rossi with Steve Rossi.
13. The top 32 monster trucks in the world will roar into town for the Monster Jam World Finals XVIII beginning March 23 at Sam Boyd Stadium. They will be competing for the coveted titles of Racing World Champion and Freestyle World Champion.