LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Here is a list of 13 things to do this week in Las Vegas for the week of March 15-21:
1. Steep Canyon performs March 15 at Brooklyn Bowl. The band formed in 2000 and frequently collaborates with actor and banjoist Steve Martin.
2. Flogging Molly performs March 15 in The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan. Flogging Molly is an Irish-American 7-piece Celtic punk band led by Irish vocalist Dave King.
3. Go Vegan Cafe is hosting its first Vegan Chili Cook-off Fundraiser on March 16. Celebrity judges include Diana Edlman, author Jackie Sobon, Sarit Rachel Britton and Chef Mayra. Tasting tickets are $5. Fundraiser for Lofty Hopes Pigeon Rescue and Pet Food Not Bombs pet pantry.
4. Ozzie the giraffe is celebrating his 5th birthday on March 16 at Lion Habitat Ranch in Henderson. Free cupcakes at noon while supplies last. Ozzie will also be painting throughout the day. Special pricing for families.
5. Rock N Roll Tattoo is offering $20 tattoos (minimum 2) all weekend long in celebration of St. Patrick's Day. Crown Electric Tattoo is also offering tattoos for St. Paddy's Day on March 16. First come, first served.
6. New Vista's Brews Best Craft Beer Festival is happening March 16 on The Lawn in Downtown Summerlin. Unlimited samplings from both local and national breweries, live entertainment, activities and games.
7. The District at Green Valley Ranch is hosting an Outer Space Adventure for kids from noon to 3 p.m. March 16. Face painting, balloon twister, DJ, space-themed backdrop for selfies, meet and greet with an astronaut character, and crafts.
8. The 3rd annual Artisan Craft Festival is happening March 16-17 at Springs Preserve. More than 55 local artisans, crafters, vendors and businesses. Facepainting, live music, food and snacks, and crafts.
9. Strangelove -- The Depache Mode Experience is coming to Backstage Bar & Billiards on March 16. Special guest is Electric Duke with a tribute to David Bowie.
10. Ri Ra Las Vegas will celebrate St. Patrick's Day all weekend with plenty of music, great Irish food like Shepherd's pie, and lots of Guinness beer and Guinness apparel.
11. All four locations of Sean Patrick's in the Las Vegas valley will be celebrating St. Patrick's Day. There will be green beer, traditional Irish food, and the "biggest cheer in PT's history."
12. The Downtown Container Park is hosting Sham-Rock the Park from 2 to 5 p.m. March 17. Beer fest, live music and shenanigans.
13. The 53rd annual St. Patrick's Day Parade starts at 10 a.m. Saturday in downtown Henderson. The fun begins on Friday though with a carnival and festival and includes a car show after the parade on Saturday.
If you would like to submit an item for a future list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.