LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The following is a list of 13 things to do this week in Las Vegas for the week of March 1-7:
1. Head to the Mob Museum for "Motorsports and the Mob: The History of the Stardust Raceway" on March 1. Professional motorsports arrived in the 1960s with the introduction of the Stardust International Raceway. Randall Cannon will explore the interesting intersection of where car racing met organized crime.
2. This month's theme for First Friday is "March Madness." Feature artist is Frank Ohriner who describes himself as the "accidental artist and intentional nuisance." The monthly event will feature 75 artists total, live entertainment, Hemp Way and a family zone.
3. ToyCon is happening March 1 through 3 at the Westgate Convention Center. More than 100 vendors, multiple celebrity appearances, giveaways, Hot Wheels racing, cosplay contests, geek fashion show, panels and live pro wrestling.
4. Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat are celebrating World Wildlife Day March 1-3. This year's theme is "Life Below Water: For People and Planet." There will activities and information stations throughout the habitat and Sustainability Center. Children ages 4-12 wearing ocean-themed clothing admitted free with adults.
5. "Tight End," a new play by Rachel Bykowski, makes its debut March 1 at Majestic Repertory Theatre. The play is about a girl named Ash Miller whose dream is to catch the winning touchdown pass for the Westmont High Titans' homecoming game.
6. The Marshall Tucker Band , one of the major Southern rock bands of the '70s, performs March 1 at the Golden Nugget. Their album "Carolina Dreams" sold more than a million copies and "Heard It In A Love Song" was a Top 15 hit in 1977.
7. The spirit of Motown comes to Wynn Las Vegas when Smokey Robinson performs March 1 in the Encore Theater. Robinson is one of Motowns most prolific songwriters and producers.
8. Mountain's Edge is hosting its annual Spring Garage Sale on March 2. Nearly 400 homeowners and 70 sellers will be participating in the gaint sale at Exploration Park.
9. Vegans, Baby is hosting a Vegas Vegan Food Tour on March 2 in downtown Las Veas. Five restaurants (2 all-vegan and 3 vegan friendly spots) and 13 delicious vegan dishes.
10. The Mardi Gras Beer Festival is happening March 2 at Tivoli Village. Sample more than 30 craft beers and enjoy live music and New Orleans food. Wear a masquerade mask and earn beads during the festivities.
11. The Tuff Hedeman Bull Riding Tour is back at the South point this weekend. 24 of the world's best bull riders will compete in the invitation only, three-round competition with a sudden death format for $30,000.
12. The House of Blues at Mandalay Bay is celebrating its 20th anniversary. The band L.A. Vation (U2 tribute band) will be performing as a nod to HOB's opening night which featured Bono and Bob Dylan. The first 200 fans attending will also receive a commemorative poster.
13. The legendary Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band is performing March 2 at MGM Grand. Hit songs include "Against the Wind," "Still the Same," "Turn the Page," "Night Moves," "Like A Rock" and many, many more.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, please send an email to email@example.com.