Here is a list of 13 things to do this week in Las Vegas for the week of June 9 through 16:
1. A showing of "The Jungle Book" will kcik off the 2016 Cinema in the Circle season at Huntridge Circle Park. Sponsored by Huntridge Foundation and West Huntridge Neighborhood Association. Free admission. Concession stand.
2. Opera Las Vegas will present Bizet's "Carmen" in the Judy Bayley Theater at UNLV on June 10. The production stars several members of the Metropolitan Opera and talented local artists. This is a fully-staged production with a live orchestra. It will be performed in French with English subtitles.
3. Put on your Star Wars costume and head to the North Las Vegas City Hall on June 10 for a special showing of "Star Wars: The Force Awakens." In addition, there will be numerous Star Wars-themed family activities and the Light Saber Guild will offer lightsaber training. Part of the 2016 Tastes, Tunes & Toons series. The free event will take place from 6 to 10 p.m.
4. The Henderson Symphony Orchestra presents "Metropolis" on June 10 in the Henderson Pavilion. "Metropolis" is a German science-fiction movie about a futuristic city where a beautiful utopia exists above a desolate underworld populated by mistreated workers. When the privileged youth discovers the grim scene under the city, his mission is to help the workers.
5. Melissa Manchester was performing in commercials at the age of 15. She was discovered by Bette Midler and Barry Manilow and hired as a back-up singer. Hit songs include "Whenever I Call You Friend" and "Don't Cry Out Loud." Manchester performs June 10 at Golden Nugget.
6. Illusionist and former Cirque du Soleil performer Xavier Mortimer has brought his magical dream to the Sin City Theater at Planet Hollywood. His show is a mixture of wonder, drama and comedy. Mortimer also performed on "America's Got Talent." Dark Wednesdays.
7. The 15th annual Reggae In The Desert is taking place June 11 at the Clark County Government Center Amphitheater. Music by Capelton, Don Carlos, Israel Vibration, Fortunate Youth, Junior Marvin and New Kingston. There will be Carribean-style food for purchase along with various exhibits.
8. The Ward 6 Fishing Derby will take place June 11 at Floyd Lamb Sate Park in the Centennial Hills area. The event is free to the public and fishing poles will be loaned to those who don't have one. Prizes for first fish caught and biggest fish caught. A pancake breakfast will be available for $5.
9. The 13th annual Blues, Brews & BBQ Festival at the Cannery on June 11 will feature BBQ, beer, and music by Booker T. Jones, John Lee Hooker Jr., Ghost Town Blues band, Kelly Sheehan & The Strays. Participating restaurants include Seven Seas Seafood, Road Kill Grill, SNS Diner, Breast of Vegas, Rollin' Smoke BBQ and more. Only $5 admission.
10. The amazing saxophonist Mindi Abair performs with the Boneshakers on June 11 at Aliante hotel-casino. Abair has been twice nominated for a GRAMMY Award. She is also a singer and author. She has also performed with Aerosmith and Bruce Springsteen.
11. 3 Doors Down will perform in a free concert on June 11 at the Fremont Street Experience. Their performance is part of the Rock of Vegas Summer Concert Series. The band formed in 1995 and has sold 16 million albums worldwide, received three GRAMMY nominations, and won two American Music Awards.
12. Morgan Heritage stops at the Brooklyn Bowl on June 15 to promote their latest reggae album, Strictly Roots. This is the group's 10th studio album. Morgani Heritage is a reggae band formed in 1994 by five children of reggae artist Denroy Morgan.
13. The circus is back in town. The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus presents Circus XTREME, which is a blend of traditional circus acts and "edge of your seat" spectacles, from June 16 to 19 at the Thomas & MacK Center. Mix of high-wire acts, trampoline daredevils, bungee aerial skydiving and amazing animals.
If you would like to submit an event for 13 Things, send a press release to email@example.com.