The following is a list of 13 things to do in Las Vegas for the week of June 3 through 9:
1. The top barrel racers in the world will be in Las Vegas this weekend to compete in the National Barrel Horse Association's Professional's Choice Vegas Super Show at the South Point. There will also be a gift expo featuring a variety of Western-influenced items, including shirts, jeans, cowboy hats, boots, belts, buckles and more. Free and open to public.
2. The theme for this month's First Friday in downtown Las Vegas is June Tunes. There will be live entertainment, live painting, a drum circle, a variety of vendors and artists, chef demos, a variety of food trucks and artisan food vendors, activities for children, and a farmer's market.
3. Michael McDonald, who has been referred to as the "blue-eyed soul singer," performs June 3 at the Cannery casino and hotel. McDonald's hits include "Takin' It To The Streets" and "Minute By Minute."
4. Country singer Kelsie May has performed on the historic Wheeling Jamboree and performed with artists such as Jo Dee Messina, Jewel, Montgomery Gentry. Bucky Convington and more. She performs June 3 inside the World Famous Stoney's Rockin' Country.
5. Head to Henderson on June 4 for the Brews N 'Ques Festival featuring beer from all of your favorite Nevada breweries, local BBQ vendors, a vegetarian food truck, and cornhole matches. Hosted by Nevada Craft Brewers Association. $40 unlimited beer pours.
6. Singer Trina Johnson performs Whitney Houston's biggest hit in the show "Queen of the Night! Remembering Whitney." Catch the show June 4 in the showroom at the Suncoast.
7. Celebrate the blues with performances by legendary Buddy Guy and rock/blues musician Jonny Lang on June 4 at the Henderson Pavilion. Buddy delivers classic blues spanning a career of more than 50 years and Jonny has helped a new generation appreciate the blues.
8. The 2016 Las Vegas Championship Ribfest is taking place June 4 at Bass Pro Shops inside the Silverton. The largest rib competition in Southern Nevada features a rib eating contest and rib sampling; a watermelon eating contest; cooking demonstrations; live entertainment; and a kids' zone. Portion of proceeds will benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Nevada.
9. Hellkats 2nd annual car show and pinup pageant is taking place June 4 at Adrenaline Sports Bar on Rancho Drive. Live music by Dante's Inferno Rattlekings and sounds by DJ Lucky Larue. The fun begins at 5 p.m.
10. Super Summer Theatre will present Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" through June 18 at Spring Mountain Ranch State Park. Performances are Wednesdays through Saturdays. "Beauty and the Beast" is the story of a beautiful young woman who takes the place of her imprisoned father in the castle of the Beast.
11. Pierce The Veil is on tour to promote its newest album "Misadventures." The group was formed in 2006 by brothers Vic and Mike Fuentes. They perform June 5 inside the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay.
12. Two shows on June 7 will pay tribute to the late Prince. Michelle Johnson will present "A Tribute to Prince" in the Cabaret Jazz Theater at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts. A birthday celebration at the Brooklyn Bowl will feature Face The Funk. Prince would have been 58 years old on June 7.
13. The Preservation Hall Jazz Band gets its name from the venerable music venue located in New Orlean's French Quarter. The group recently celebrated its 50th anniversary. The band has performed at Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center and for British royalty and the King of Thailand. They will perform June 9 at the Brooklyn Bowl.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send a press release to email@example.com.