Here is a list of 13 things to do in Las Vegas for the week of July 8 through 14:
1. The Motor City Madman takes over the Foundry Showroom at SLS Las Vegas on July 8. Ted Nugent is known for his genius on the guitar and his over-the-top stage antics. The sounds he wrings from his almighty Gibson Byrdland leave audiences gasping for breath & begging for more.
2. McDonald's is probably the last place you would think of going if are a fan of ska and/or punk, but you might want to head to the one on West Sahara Avenue on July 8. Viva Ska Radio will be spinning from 10 p.m. until midnight. There will also be the chance to win prizes from The Record Exchange and free Big Macs for a year.
3. Huntridge Tavern will celebrate National Rockabilly Day with a record hop with DJ Lucky LaRue on July 8. The tavern is celebrating the 62nd anniversary of Elvis' recording of "That's Allright Mama" and celebrating the birthdays of rock and roll pioneers Bill Haley and Louis Jordan. DJ Catman will also be on hand to spin tunes.
4. July 8 is Bike Night at No Regrets Bar on Sunset Road. Enjoy the music of Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker Band, Molly Hatchet, ZZ Top and others by Southern Stue, who has performed on Fremont Street, Count's Vamp'd, FeelGoods, LVCS, and Cabo Wabo.
5. How would you like to see 4 bands for just $7? Head to the Bunkhouse Saloon on July 8 for LA Girlfriend, Candy Warpop, Kerfoot and Dau and Boyfriend Material. Doors open at 9 p.m.
6. Adam Corolla's show at Treasure Island on July 8 will featuring him interviewing a celebrity (TBA) as well as his fan favorite segments from his hit daily podcast, including Blah Blah Blog, Totally Topical Tivo Trivia and the News by Gina Grad.
7. If you are a fan of '80s music, you will remember John Waite and Bad English. Waite also had an outstanding solo career. Hits include "When I See You Smile" with Bad English and "Missing You" as a solo artist. Waite performs July 8 at the Golden Nugget.
8. If you have seen Wayne Brady perform before, don't let that stop you from going back. You will never see the same show twice when you attend a Wayne Brady show. The comedian, television star and game show host is performing July 9 in the Terry Fator Theater at The Mirage.
9. The Sci Fi Center is hosting a toxic double header on July 9. "The Toxic Avenger" will be shown at 8 p.m. and "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" will begin at 10. Free prop kits are included in the low ticket price of $10.
10. Toad The Wet Sprocket has been playing, writing and touring for more than 25 years. Hits include "Walk On The Ocean," "All I Want," "Something's Always Wrong" and "California Wasted." They perform with Rusted Root on July 11 at Brooklyn Bowl.
11. Widespread Panic is legendary for their live performances and loyal fan base. Hit songs include "Ain't Life Grand," "Space Wrangler," "Chilly Water" and "Love Tractor." The band performs July 8 though 10 in The Joint at the Hard Rock hotel-casino. The Dirty Dozen Brass Band is the special guest.
12. Santa Fe and the Fat City Horns is one of the most versatile and creative bands in Las Vegas. Its members back artists such as Carlos Santana, Celine Dion and Donny & Marie Osmond. Cath their performance July 11 in the Cabaret Jazz Theater at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts.
13. Sam's Town will host some of the world's top Elvis tribute artists during three days of competition and three shows beginning July 14. The shows will star Graceland's Ultimate Elvis Tribute artist Cody Ray Slaughter, Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist and Images of the King World Champion Ben Portsmouth, and Images of the King World Champion Ryan Pelton.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.