Here are 13 things to do this week in the Las Vegas area for Aug. 4 though 10:
1. Grab the kids and head to Tropical Breeze Park on Aug. 4 for fun kid-friendly activities in the park and a special outdoor showing of "Rock Dog." Hosted by the City of North Las Vegas. Free admission.
2. Grab your yoga mat and towel and head to Green Valley Ranch on Aug. 10 for Silent Savasana with Dray Gardner. During class, participants wear state-of-the-art LED headsets which transmit the instructor's voice and a carefully curated music playlist, allowing for a complete personal experience. The theme is Inch by Inch Makes It a Cinch.
3. The Curse performs the biggest hits by The Cure at Backstage Bar & Billiards on Aug. 4. Songs include "Shake Dog Shake," "A Stange Day," "The Walk," "Just Like Heaven," "Let's Go To Bed," and "Boys Don't Cry."
4. GRAMMY Award-winning singer Ed Sheeran is bringing his North American arena tour to the T-Mobile Arena on Aug. 4. The tour is celebrating the success of Sheeran's 3rd LP, including the No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 debut of "Shape of You."
5. Roy Purcell's mixed media paintings combine art with text for a chronological overview of the history of the Las Vegas valley in his new exhibit titled "Vegas Valley Memories: The Art of Roy Purcell" on display at Springs Preserve through Oct. 8.
6. Zappos For Good presents 2 celebrity animal lovers -- Lisa Vanderpump and Cesar Millan -- at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts on Aug. 5. After their appearance, a Yappy Hour will feature entertainment, free pet adoptions, pet vendors, bars and human-friendly treats.
8. The popular dance party, Grits & Biscuits, returns to the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay on Aug. 5. If you grew up in the South, have kinfolk in the South or just love the South, you will enjoy this music. https://www.facebook.com/events/100609613907469
9. The legendary hip hop artist Ginuwine, best known for his worldwide hit "Pony," makes his Rehab Beach Club debut on Aug. 6 at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. Tickets to Rehab start at $20 for females and $40 for males. The dayclub is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Guests must be 21 years of age or older with a valid form of identification to attend.
10. Neil Hamburger is one of the hardest working comedians in America. He performed 399 shows last year. He has toured with Faith No More and Tenacious D and performed on "Jimmy Kimmel Live." He performs Aug. 6 at Beauty Bar.
11. Rap is Fun is celebrating its 2-year anniversary with a party on Aug. 6 at the Bunkhouse Saloon. Live music by Jerry Shinefield, Isaac Sawyer, Slump Lords, Harvey Listen, Huc.Finn and many more.
12. The Sand Dollar is hosting Davey's LGBTQ Benefit Party on Aug. 6. The idea of the party came about after a guest posted a rant about Sand Dollar and gays on Facebook. There will be live music by Rustyn Vaughn Lee and raffle prizes. Proceeds will benefit The Center.
13. There's a new game show atBally's Las Vegas. The Miss Behave Game Show entices audiences to step out of their comfort zone and immerse themselves into the sinful world before them. The show previously toured Europe with stops in Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.