Here is a list of 13 things to do this week in the Las Vegas valley for Aug. 17-23:
1. The Movie Madness series at Cheyenne Ridge Park on Aug. 17 will feature a free showing of "Guardians of the Galaxy 2." Family activities, including bounce houses, begin at 6 p.m. Food and drinks available for purchase.
2. COYOTE 102.7's Country Throwdown on Aug. 18 inside the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay will feature performances by Thrillbilly Deluxe, Siana King and DJ Shaddix.
3. Psycho Las Vegas is happening Aug. 17 through 19 inside The Joint at Hard Rock hotel-casino. Performances by Danzing, The Hellacopters, Godflesh, Witchcraft, Rocket From The Crypt, Red Fang and many more.
4. The Americana band Michigan Rattlers are performing Aug. 17 at Bunkhouse Saloon. They've been compared to Uncle Tupelo, Whiskeytown, Drive By Truckers, Sturgill Stimpson and more.
5. Hofbrauhaus Las Vegas is hosting a Battle of the Bands on Aug. 18. Five bands will battle it our for a standing gig at Hofbrauhaus. Bands include Gravel, Queens Riot, RumRunners, Blitzkrieg and Scotty Rocker will compete.
6. Downtown Container Park is hosting a Beach Day for kids and their parents on Aug. 18. There will be wet and wild activities including an inflatable water obstacle course, a dunk tank, snacks and crafts. Open to kids 12 and under.
7. It's Family Night at the Museum on Aug. 18 at the Springs Preserve. Explore the museum, participate in themed activities, enjoy a pizza dinner and watch Disney's modern classic "Frozen."
8. Topgolf hosts Mimos Summer Sundays every Sunday at their Hideaway Pool. There will be live DJs, a complimentary express golf lesson, mouth-watering menu and $5 mimosas and Bloody Marys.
9. Stretch your body and relax your spirit during Yoga on the Meadow on Aug. 19 at Spring Mountain Ranch State Park. Trained yoga instructors lead classes for all ability levels. Session starts at 5 p.m.
10. The community safety forum on Aug. 19 at The Mob Museum will focus on what parents and members of the community can do to keep children safe. The forums are sponsored by NV Energy and free admission to the museum is included.
11. Artist in Residence Lance Smith will host an interactive workshop for ages 8 to 12 on Aug. 19 at DISCOVERY Children's Museum. Smith is a fine artist and illustrator based in Las Vegas. The workshop will highlight art inspired by animation and comics.
12. The Neon Museum is hosting another photo walk on Aug. 21. Hobby photographers are allowed to wander the Neon Boneyard and take photos of the sign collection for personal usage. Tripods, multiple cameras and extra lenses allowed.
13. Jack White, best known for singing and playing the guitar with the rock band White Stripes, performs Aug. 23 and 24 in The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan. To date, White has won 12 GRAMMYS in 8 categories and has received 34 career nominations.
If you would like to submit an item for a future 13 Things list, send an email to email@example.com.