Here is a list of 13 things to do in the Las Vegas valley for the week of Aug. 14-20:
1. If you are feeling the need for speed, just head to SpeedVegas on Las Vegas Boulevard South. Bring your exotic car and off-road vehicle fantasies to life on the longest and fastest racetrack in Las Vegas. Variety of packages and experiences available.
2. All In Aviation is offering customizable flight lesson experiences for National Aviation Week (Aug. 17-24). Departures from Henderson or North Las Vegas airports. Flights can include lunch or dinner, a stop at a beach or hike in the mountains.
3. If you have missed going to the movies, Cinemark is reopening some Las Vegas theaters on Aug. 14. Staggered showtimes and face coverings will be mandatory. Enjoy Comeback Classic films for $5 general admission during reopening.
4. Relax & Unwind with yoga and a glass of vino at DW Bistro on Aug. 14. Guests will also receive a guest bag full of CBD products from MintnHoney and Cannabis Care LV. Social distancing will be observed.
5. The Sand Dollar has transformed into the Revelre with small bites, handcrafted cocktails and live “background” entertainment. This week’s lineup includes Jonny Hazard on Aug. 14; Thee Mess Arounds on Aug. 15; and Jimmy Powers V on Aug. 16.
6. Lake Las Vegas is hosting a Neon Paddle from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Aug. 14. There will be a live DJ, lights and flame blowers. There will also be a VIP after-party on a yacht.
7. A drive-thru food drive is happening 8:30-11:30 a.m. Aug. 15 at New Thing Church in Henderson. The food will be used by Serving Our Kids Foundation to feel school-age children.
8. A new art digital art gallery named Museum of Dream Space opens Aug. 14 inside Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian. The museum features multimedia art and there are branches in Beverly Hills and Hollywood.
9. The 5th annual Riding 4 Autism is happening 4 to 9 p.m. Aug. 15 at Sunset Park. Hosted by Peoples Autism Foundation. There will be classic cars, hotrods, low riders, motorcycles and more.
10. Forte is celebrating 11 years with a special edition of Cook at Forte with Nina. She will be making their famous Noble Pie (caviar flatbread) and Nutella biscuit cake. There will also be decadent hot d’oeuvres, charcuterie and cheeses. The event takes place from 12:30 to 4 p.m. Aug. 16. Cost is $120 for 2 or $240 for 4.
11. The Marjorie Barrick Museum of Art at UNLV is reopening Aug. 17. The museum will relaunch with “Excerpts,” which will feature 35 works from its collection. A new painting by Ramiro Gomez titled “Sorry for the Mess” will give context to the exhibit. Reservations are required.
12. Marrakech Moroccan Restaurant is hosting a fundraiser night for Beirut on Aug. 17 from 5 to 9 p.m. Proceeds will be given to the Lebanese Red Cross. Seating is limited. Reservations are required.
13. Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop at The LINQ Promenade has introduced the brand-new Gold Rush Sundae. Through Aug. 31, guests will receive a free chocolate bar with the purchase of a specialty sundae. Limit one per transaction.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos and video welcome.