Here is a list of 13 things to do this week for the week of April 7 through 13:
1. The Great Vegas Festival of Beer is happening this weekend in downtown Las Vegas. Although originally planned to be held outdoors, it was moved inside because of possible bad weather. The festival will feature more than 500 beers from 100 breweries. There will also be food and live entertainment.
2. Tuff-N-Uff returns to Downtown Las Vegas Events Center for an evening of MMA bouts on April 7. Billy Brand and Ian King will face off in a special attraction match. The event will also feature Xtreme Couture MMA's Corey Conway against Danny Gonzales.
3. The Las Vegas West Fest at The Orleans will feature performances by Ice Cube, E-40, Too $hort, DJ Quik, Tha Dogg Pound, Rodney O and Joe Cooley.
4. The Southern rock band 38 Special performs April 8 at the Silverton. The band had a string of hits in the '80s, highlighted by "Caught Up in You," "If I'd Been the One," "Back Where You Belong," and "Like No Other Night."
5. Andrew Lloyd Weber's "Jesus Christ Superstar" comes to the stage at The Tropicana on April 8. Some of the biggest names from the most popular shows in Las Vegas will perform in the benefit for Golden Rainbow.
6. Actor Billy Bob Thornton & The Boxmasters perform April 9 and 10 at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts. The band's eclectic style is influenced by pop, country, British mod and Southern American music.
7. The legendary British band The Damned is celebrating their 40th anniversary with a tour. They will stop in Las Vegas on April 9 for a performance in the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay. The Damned is one of the original punk bands.
8. Legendary comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short take the stage April 9 inside The Colosseum at Caesars Palace. Martin and Short will tell funny stories from their extensive careers and will also sing along to a banjo.
9. Motorcycle officers with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department will be participating in the annual Southwest Police Motorcycle Training and Competition this weekend at the Suncoast. Opening ceremonies begin at 7 a.m. April 8. Free to attend.
10. "An American in Paris" is the story of an American soldier and mysterious French girl wanting a new beginning after World War II. Performances begin April 11 in Reynolds Hall at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts.
11. The Arabian Breeders Wold Cup begins April 12 at the South Point. The event features a showcase competition for purebreed Arabian breeding classes. The classes are conducted in the European style, which emphasizes a more natural way of preparing, presenting and showing.
12. Steely Dan's 9-show residency begins April 12 at The Venetian. The show is titled "Reelin' in the Chips" and will features some of their greatest hits "Reelin' in the Years," "Rikki Don't Lose That Number," "F.M.," "Peg," "Hey Nineteen," "Deacon Blues," and "Babylon Sisters."
13. The Clark County Fair & Rodeo opens April 12 in Logandale. There will be magic and circus-style shows, pig racing, science shows, K9 demonstrations, a train, a carnival, a variety of food and live entertainment.