Here is a list of 13 things to do this week in Las Vegas for April 22-28:
1. Taylor Dayne, who rose to fame in the 1980's, performs April 22 at the Golden Nugget. Hit songs included "Tell It To My Heart," "Love Will Lead You Back" and "Prove Your Love To me." Dayne has sold more than 75 million records worldwide.
2. Ten-time Grammy Award winner Arturo Sandoval beings his group to the Cabaret Jazz Theater at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts April 22 and 23. The show will feature original compositions by Sandoval as well as a tribute to the late, great Dizzy Gillespie.
3. The Comedy Rocks Series presents Rita Rudner April 22 and 23 at Red Rock hotel-casino. Rudner got her start singing on Broadway, but made the leap to comedy in the early 1980's. She was a frequent guest on both "Late Night with David Letterman" and "Tonight Show."
4. The Henderson Heritage Parade & Festival takes place April 23 in downtown Henderson. Live entertainment, international food booths, dance and cooking demonstrations, craft booths, a classic car show and parade.
5. If you have ever wanted to combine booze and yoga, here you go. Head to Tenaya Creek Brewery on Bonanza Road on Saturday morning for a 75-minute class and a post-yoga social hour in the tap room. The Crafthaus Brewery in Henderson will be hosting a session at noon April 24. Both sessions are great for all levels. Space is limited.
6. Reformation Lutheran Church on East St. Louis Avenue is hosting a neighborhood yard sale on April 23. Yard sale will also featured baked goodies, face painting for kids, and hot dogs, bratwurst, chips and beverages available for purchase.
7. A Taste of Shakespeare at the Downtown Container Park is taking place April 23. The event is a tribute to William Shakespeare who was born and also died on April 23. There will be performances from “Romeo and Juliet,” “A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” “Much Ado About Nothing,” “As You Like It,” “Julius Caesar,” “Hamlet,” “Macbeth,” “Othello,” “King Lear” and “Twelfth Night.”
8. The 4th annual Rideshop Skate Series takes place April 23 at Zappos in downtown Las Vegas. From pro rippers to Vegas locals, it's going to be one fun afternoon and evening of skating in the downtown community. Special performance by hip-hop artist Hopsin.
9. Step back in time to 1876 at Spring Mountain Ranch State Park on April 23. Ranger David will spend the afternoon on the front porch cooking with Dutch ovens, doing firearms demonstrations and telling stories about daily life at "Sandstone Ranch," which was the original name for Spring Mountain Ranch. Free samples of food.
10. April's Movie in the Park at Centennial Hills Park on April 22 will be "Inside Out." Families are welcome to bring blankets and folding chairs and dress as their favorite super hero. A food truck will be on site for food and beverage purchases. Hosted by Clark County Commissioner Steve Ross.
11. Badfish will present a tribute to Sublime April 23 in the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay. What separates Badfish from other tribute bands is that they have replicated Sublime's essence, developing a scene and dedicated following most commonly reserved for label-driven, mainstream acts.
12. The Yale Whiffenpoofs perform April 26 inside Vinyl at the Hard Rock. Every year, 14 senior yale men are selected to be in the Whiffenpoofs, the world's oldest and best-known collegiate a cappella group. The tradition began in 1909.
13. The legendary Lionel Richie begins a limited-time engagement at Planet Hollywood on April 27. Shows continue through May 18. Richie is best known for hits including "All Night Long," "Hello," "Stuck on You," "Say You, Say Me," and "Dancing on the Ceiling." Richie began his career in 1968 with the musical group Commodores. He released his first solo album in 1982.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 things, send a press release to email@example.com.