13 things to do in Las Vegas this week for the week of May 20 through 26:
1. Country singer LeAnn Rimes had her first national hit at the age of 13. Since then, she has sold 44 million albums and won 2 GRAMMY Awards, 3 Academy of Country Music Awards and 12 Billboard Music Awards. She performs May 20 at the Henderson Pavilion.
2. The inaugural Nevada Dragon Boat Festival is taking place May 21 and 22 at Lake Las Vegas. Hosted by the Dragon boat Racing Association Group of Nevada. There will be an exhibition race, meet-and-greet Happy Hour, and several races. There will also be a concert on May 22 and silent auction.
3.Distill Summerlin and Distill Southern Highlands are hosting two totally tubular '80s parties on May 21. A DJ will spin all the favorites from the '80s throughout the night including hair metal, boy bands, new wave and more. All guests are encouraged to go through their closets for their '80s best. Drinks specials will include $3 Bartels and James, $2 Jell-O shots and $3 Miller Light bottles.
4. Break out your light sabers and set your phasers to sexy and head to Trek Wars on May 21 at The Artifice. Presented by Nerdelesque Night! and sponsored by Natural Twenty. There will be a show at 8 p.m. and great raffle prizes.
5. Singer and songwriter Seal performs May 21 at Wynn Las Vegas. Seal will be performing songs from his career along with new songs from his current album "Seal 7" at Intrigue Nightclub.
6. The Hal Savar Band brings a sizzling interactive show to audiences with a phenomenal mix of equal parts versatile request cover band and original folk rock blues band. Savar has been called a "human juke box." Free show on May 21 at The Palms.
7. Tivoli Village is hosting its 2nd annual StreetFest on May 21 and 22. There will be live music, complimentary wine tastings, fresh52 farmers market, exclusive retail options, and special musical performances by Zowie Bowie headliner Chris Phillips and jazz sensation Christian Tamburr. Free admission.
8. Knockout at the D returns with Arif "The Predator" Magomedov vs Andrew "Hurricane" Herandez on May 21. Middleweights John "The Phenom" and Joey "Boxer" Ruelas will also step into the ring. Knockout at the D takes place at the Downtown Events Center.
9. The Vegas Pet Expo at Cashman Center on May 21 and 22 will feature the newest, hottest and most popular items on the pet market. Vendors from across the country will offer the latest in pet accessories, clothing and more. Discounts on pet vaccinations, microchipping and flea preventatives at the expo.
10. Three Dog Night ruled the '70s. No other rock band had more Top 10 hits than Three Dog Night between 1969 and 1974. The band broke up in 1977 and briefly reunited in the '80s. Danny Hutton and Cory Wells have since take a version of Three Dog Night on the road. The band performs May 21 and 22 at The Orleans.
11. The Used will make a stop during its 15th Anniversary Tour at the Brooklyn Bowl on May 24 and 25. The band is playing two nights in two albums in each city. A digital copy of their newest album is included with each online ticket purchase.
12. Paul Zerdin is known as the "ventriloquist for the South Park generation." The season 10 winner of "America's Got Talent" has a brand-new show in Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood. The show is titled "Mouthing Off" features Zerdin and his trio of comical misfits.
13. "Lovers or Losers" is an edgy, fast-paced and unpredictable game show at The Plaza in downtown Las Vegas that pits couples against couples. The show is hosted by Todd Bridges, one of the stars of the popular sitcom "Diff'rent Strokes."
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.