Here are 13 things to do in Las Vegas this week for the week of Jan. 15-21. If you would like to submit an item for 13 things, send a press release to email@example.com.
1. If you've only been practicing with your light saber in your bedroom until now, here's your chance to get outside and meet other Star Wars fans and improve your skills. An open light saber practice is taking place Jan. 15 at Desert Breeze Park. Open to all skill levels and experience.
2. The Guess Who, a band from Canada that rose to super stardom in the 60s and 70s, performs Jan. 15 in the Gordie Brown Showroom at Golden Nugget. The Guess Who's biggest hit was "American Woman" in 1970.
3. The Junior League of Las Vegas is inviting everyone to explore their inner child during Night at the Museum on Jan. 15 at Discovery Children's Museum. The fundraiser will feature food, drinks, music and a chance to explore the amazing exhibits.
4. Check out the future stars of MMA at Tuff -N- Uff on Jan. 15 at the Cox Pavilion. The main event will feature Schneider vs. Shapiro for the light heavyweight title.
5. Comedian and actor Martin Lawrence is back on tour after four years and he is making a stop in Las Vegas. Catch his stand-up routine on Jan. 16 inside The Joint at the Hard Rock hotel-casino.
6. If you have a case of cabin fever, Spring Mountain Ranch State Park is offering the cure. A ranger-led history program on Jan. 16 will feature pioneer food cooked in dutch ovens, firearms demonstrations, and stories about life on the ranch.
7. The Contemporary Arts Center, which has a new home in the Soho Lofts, is hosting a reception for its exhibit on Jan. 15. The exhibit titled "Taste" features art by locals Wendy Kveck, Chris Bauder, Adam Morey, Daniel Habegger, Sean Russell, Mark Brandvik, Elizabeth Blau and more.
8. Curling fans will want to check out the WFG Continental Cup of Curling through Jan. 17 inside the Orleans Arena. Six four-person teams from North America will compete with six teams from around the world in a variety of curling disciplines. There are 11 draws total.
9. You may have seen the movie, now is your chance to see it on stage. "Driving Miss Daisy" opens Jan. 15 in the Troesh Studio Theater at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts for one weekend only. Presented by Broadway in the Hood.
10. Since their debut in 1999, The Long Run -- Experience The Eagles has earned its place among the top-drawing tribute acts in North America. They perform Jan. 15 and 16 at The Cannery on East Craig Road.
11. Enjoy an evening of classic and contemporary songs sung by singer and songwriter Bobby Caldwell on Jan. 16 inside Club Madrid at Sunset Station. Caldwell is one of the most revered vocalists and songwriters on the contemporary music scene today.
12. Mary Wilson, who founded The Supremes with Diana Ross and Florence Ballard, performs Jan. 16 and 17 in the showroom at the Suncoast. Wilson has also released 3 solo albums, 5 singles and 2 best-selling autobiographies.
13. It's time for the Drag Racing Nationals on Jan. 17 at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. A car show will also showcase classics, hot rods, tuners, low riders and exotics. If that is not enough, check out the bikini contest.