Here is a list of 13 things to do this week in Las Vegas for the week of Oct. 9-15:
1. Author Geoff Schumacher will be reading from his book "Sun, Sin and Suburbia" at the Writer's Block in downtown Las Vegas on Oct. 9. Schumacher is current director of content for the Mob Museum and former reporter and editor for various Vegas publications.
2. Celebrate the 10th anniversary of Wine Amplified at the MGM Resorts Village on Oct. 9-10. The event features more than 60 wineries, 150 wines and 20 craft beers. Music by Panic! At The Disco, Passion Pit, Sublime with Rome, 50 Center with G Unit and more.
3. Start the Halloween festivities early with the Haunted Hearse & Car Show on Oct. 9-10 at Circus Circus. There will be hearses, limos, ambulances, rat rods, classics and more on display. Steve Darnell of Welder Up and "Vegas Rat Rods" on Discovery Channel will be celebrity judge. Food, drinks, costume contests, vendors and live entertainment.
4. Reckless in Vegas will be rockin' the Chrome Showroom at the Santa Fe on Oct. 9. Reckless In Vegas combines the imagery, banter and classic music from the 1960s “glory days” of Las Vegas with a contemporary rock band aesthetic.
5. Life is brewtiful at Golden Nugget's 6th annual Fall Beer Fest on Oct. 9-10. The fest will feature beer from more than 35 breweries, live entertainment, ale-inspired culinary offerings and more. The weekend kicks off with the Oktoberfest Pool party on Oct. 9. Portion of proceeds will benefit The Animal Foundation.
6. The inaugural Color Me Kind 5K is taking place Oct. 10 in Henderson. The event allows participants to spread kindness to fellow runners in a fun way. Runners will be showered from head to toe in different colors during the run. Proceeds will benefit the Josh Stevens Foundation.
7. The World Gay Rodeo Finals are back this weekend, Oct. 10-11, at the South Point Equestrian Center. The top cowboys and cowgirls in the nation will be competing in calf roping, steer riding, flag racing, goat dressing, bull riding, barrel racing and more. There will also be a Western gift show.
8. The Age of Chivalry Renaissance Festival is back Oct. 9-11 at Sunset Park. The festival features costumed knights and ladies, historical re-enactments, jousting, concert, and more than 100 artisans.
9. Lou Gramm is best known as the lead singer of popular '80s rock band Foreigner. Hit songs include "Hot Blooded, " "Feels Like The First Time" and "Cold As Ice." He performs Oct. 9 at the Golden Nugget.
10. The Russian Grand Ballet will present "Swan Lake" at the Henderson Pavilion on Oct. 10. This full-scale production follows a heroic young prince as he works to free the beautiful swan maiden from an evil spell.
11. BBR Las Vegas presents "Alice," their steam punk concert fantasy, at the Brooklyn Bowl on Oct. 13. "Alice" combines original arrangements of pop/rock songs with vocals, dancers and a nine-piece band.
12. The legendary L.A. Lakers and Sacramento Kings will hit the hardwood inside the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Oct. 13.
13. Goapele, who is known for her sensuous and serious voice, opens Oct. 15 at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts. Goapele blends jazz, soul, hip-hop and poetry in her performances.