The following is a roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley.
1. From Nov. 16-18, Delmonico Steakhouse will be offering guests a special Truffle Weekend menu in as part of Urbani's 2018 Truffle Festival. Menu items include black trufflearancini with Fontana fondue and fresh shaved black truffles; organic baby greens, jumbo lump crab and Louisiana caviar served on a corn waffle with hearts of palm and white truffles; braised shortrib with fresh black truffles and roasted root vegetables; and a black and white truffle ice cream sundae.
2. Evel Pie in downtown Las Vegas is celebrating its 2nd anniversary on Nov. 18 with free slices and a free live performance by punk legends Agent Orange.
3. From Nov. 26 through the end of the year, Luke’s Lobster will serve their first-ever Caviar Lobster Roll ($45) featuring a 20g tin of Petrossian Baika caviar at select shacks in New York, Boston, Washington DC, and most importantly, Las Vegas.
4. Cipriani , known for its classic glamour, impeccable service and signature Italian dishes, is now open in Wynn Plaza Shops. Guests can experience a true taste of Venice with Cipriani's Bellini, created in 1948 by Giuseppe Cipriani Sr. at the original location, Harry's Bar. Additional menu items include signature dishes such as carpaccio alla Cipriani, baked tagliolini with ham, Chilean sea bass "alla Carlina" served with rice pilaf, homemade potato gnocchi "al Gorgonzola" and sinfully delicious desserts such as vanilla meringue, tiramisu and vanilla ice cream a la minute.
5. Eataly Las Vegas , the authentic Italian marketplace, has announced it will officially open Dec. 27. The 40,000-square-foot culinary destination will serve as Park MGM’s main entrance and feature unique food counters, bars, cafes and dining experiences offering traditional Italian food in a vibrant ambiance. Eataly Las Vegas will feature al fresco dining, as well as several areas dedicated to live cooking demonstrations.
6. SG Bar has introduced a new menu featuring sharable plates, lunch specials, cocktails and more. Sharable dishes include mac & cheese in 4 flavors and seared salmon bites. The 15-minute lunch will be offered from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily. New lunch offerings include an Adult Lunchable, with salami, prosciutto, sliced aged cheddar cheese, sliced swiss cheese, crackers and a baguette; mini sandwiches, including a classic Reuben, Porchetta, Cubano and more; and a soup and sandwich combo. And one of the new cocktails include the Star Gazer, made with Bombay, St. Germain, lemon and cucumber.
7. The Smashed Pig has “enlivened” its menu with new pub-inspired comfort food and buzzy beverages. Menu items include grilled salmon salad, banger baguette, steak sandwich, roasted beets, bangers and mash, steak frites, crispy deviled eggs, spicy tater bites and more. Cocktails include the Whiskey Went Coco made with Woody Creek Bourbn, Olorosa Sherry, grilled pineapple juice and coconut cream. h
8. Niu Gu in Chinatown has extended its hours and introduced the 8 Dishes Menu. The menu will be served from 8:00 pm to midnight 7 days a week and reservations are by text only. Dishes that will have foodies raving are Lamb Dry Pot, Squid Ink Rice with Uni, Yellow Curry Chicken Rice, Sashimi Shrimp with Shrimp Head Soup Pot as well as other Niu Gu Classics. Text 626-474-1966.
9. The Stratosphere has introduced a new 24-hour restaurant, Strat Cafe & Wok . The design of the restaurant is inspired by the neighboring Downtown Las Vegas Arts District and the menu was created by Johnny Church and Andrew Bateman. Breakfast selections start at $9 and include lemon poppy seed pancakes. A variety of soups, salads, starters, sandwiches and burgers start at $8 and include fried calamari, lobster cobbster salad, and a double-double hangover burger. Entrees start at $14 and include seven-layer lasagna and bacon-wrapped meatloaf. The Asian menu features beef chow fun dry noodles, orange chicken, Mongolian beef, and spicy peppered prawns.
10. Esther’s Kitchen has made some seasonal changes to its menu including a new mushroom grilled cheese panini, a new risotto with celery root and black truffle, a new hearty beef cheek ravioli and smoke malfada (replacing the lasagnete). In addition, there are new specialty cocktails and classics using Toro Amaro, tomato gin, black tea gin and honey gin.
11. Other Mama has embraced the savory side of fall with two new dishes and four new cocktails. The Hazel is make with dickle rye, hose-made horchata and dry curaçao. The Cierra is Mae with mezcal, Kina l’aero d’or and maraschino liquor. The Caroline is a sesame washed shochu and spiced carrot cordial and the Ruby is made with amabuki reds aka and Amara coo Cairo. The two news dishes are kurobuta pork jowl soaps and West Coast clam chowder.
12. Su Casa is now open at the Silverton hotel-casino The restaurant offers trendy and traditional coastal Asian cuisine with Latin influences. Diners can enjoy poke bowls, ceviche, sashimi, sushi burritos and rolls, ramen, an extensive sake list, Asian beers and more.
13. Wine Wednesday returns to Boteco on Nov. 28 with “A Taste of Pinot Noir.” From 6-7pm, guests will enjoy wine region-inspired small bites paired with featured Pinot Noir varietals from Burgundy and California. A spirited discussion, led by Boteco Owner Marcus Fortunato, will dive into the birth of Pinot Noir, tastes of the different producing regions, and more. The event is limited to only 30 guests. Tickets are $20 and available at botecolv.com.
If you would like to submit an item for a future roundup, send an email to email@example.com.