Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. The $100 Prime Margarita is available for 2 more weeks at Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar. The upscale steakhouse partnered with Tequila Ocho, an ultra-premium single estate & single vintage tequila, and Baccarat, the world-renowned fine crystal manufacturer, to offer a $100 Prime Margarita through the end of May. The $100 Margarita is handcrafted with ultimate premium liquors, including Tequila Ocho Extra Anejo La Latilla (valued at well over $100) and Grand Marnier Cuvee du Centenaire and is garnished with a lime wheel garnish and pineapple leaves. Served in Baccarat's uniquely designed Diamant Tumbler (valued at well over $100), guests will take home the glass in Baccarat's iconic red box.
2. Crazy Horse 3 is offering a selection of $1 tacos every Tuesday from noon to midnight beginning May 21. Choice of chicken, pork or carne asada. In addition to taco offerings, guests can also sip from Crazy Horse 3’s elevated craft cocktail bar and can enjoy $5 beer bottles and $5 cocktails during the club’s daily happy hour, offered from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
3. MR CHOW has introduced two new off-menu dishes created by Chef Cesar Laran, available for a limited time. The dishes are smoked bean curd roll, a classic vegetable appetizer from the Emperor's Court, and Beijing sea bass with pine nuts. The sea bass is $46 and the roll is $18.50, a la carte.
4. If you are looking for somewhere to dine outside before it gets too hot, North Italia has an expansive indoor-outdoor bar complete with patio seating a cozy fireplace. Or, check out Flower Child and its beautifully-lit patio. Flower Child features gluten-free vegetarian and vegan dishes.
5. Oakville Steakhouse inside the Tropicana is celebrating pour decisions and National Wine Day on May 25. Each guest that mentions National Wine Day while dining will receive a pour and a half (9 oz.) of their choice of wine by the glass.
6. Ferraro's Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar is celebrating National Wine Day on May 25 with a taste and learn event. The evening will feature wines from Zymē, an exceptional winery located near the romantic city of Verona in Northern Italy’s Veneto region. Menu highlights include salted cod croquettes, potato-squash soup, sausage-lard risotto, and braised pork belly. Tickets are $75 inclusive.
7. Guests at Golden Nugget Las Vegas have the unique opportunity to sample real Kobe Beef inside Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse. This rare beef is available at only seven restaurants in Nevada, and Vic & Anthony’s has the honor to be the only restaurant in Downtown Las Vegas to offer Kobe Beef to its guests.
8. The Yard House is celebrating baseball season at each of its 79 locations nationwide. Guests who come in during Happy Hour can enjoy half-off select appetizers and pizzas, $2 off all draft beer, wine, spirits and cocktails, $3 off 9 oz. wine pours and $4 off half yards.
9. SG Bar is hosting Pinot on the Patio from 5 to 8 p.m. every Friday through June 28. The parties feature live music by Shawn Eiferman. Menu selections include a charcuterie board made with locally sourced cured meats and cheeses, house-made pickles, fruit compote, honey and a warm baguette; steak frites made with grilled skirt steak, house-made Kennebec fries, chimichurri and grilled vegetables; classic hummus made with a chickpea puree, roasted garlic, olive oil and warm pita bread; a fruit plate with a variety of fresh fruit and more.
10. Hank's Fine Steaks & Martinis inside Green Valley Ranch Resort is now serving Kobe Beef, the world's most famous and rare red meat. Guests are invited to experience a mouthwatering Kobe ribeye for $45 per ounce. The trained staff can also offer suggested pairings to accompany the vastly superior marbling and cut of meat from appetizers to sides, and wine pairings, allowing for the perfect addition to any meal. For the carnivores looking to stick with the classics, guests can enjoy other USDA prime dry-aged beef such as a petite filet mignon, aged for at least 28 days; T-bone steak, wet aged for a minimum of 14 days and dry aged for another 21 days before being seared to guests liking, filet of Wagyu from ultra-premium Japanese bred cattle raised in Colorado or a tomahawk steak served with seasonal vegetables and ideal for sharing with the table.
11. The Venetian Resort is launching The Cocktail Collective Presents, a series of curated Thursday nights spread across The Dorsey, Rosina and Electra Cocktail Club. Each week, a different Cocktail Collective venue will host exciting, alluring and “postworthy” events in some of the most unique and lively bars in the city. Dorsey Sessions include Ivy Mix from Brooklyn on Aug. 5 and Kelsey Ramage and Iain Griffiths of Trash Tiki on Nov. 17. Rosina’s Connoisseur Nights include Celebrate Women in Television with Jillian Lopez on May 23; Caviar, Champagne & Vodka on July 18; and Celebrate Women in Media with Emmy Kasten on Aug. 29; Shake Off at Electa will feature author Hannah Bronfman on May 30; and Melinda Sheckels vs. Mark Gray on June 13.
12. Celebrate La Rioja Day June 9 as Boteco partners with Marqués de Riscal, one of the oldest and most traditional Rioja wineries in Spain. This century old winery is recognized as one of the 10 Most Admired Wineries in the world by Drinks International Magazine! Enjoy Spanish delicacies perfectly paired with Marqués de Riscal wines. Featured dishes include Pulpo á la Feria – braised octopus with pimentón potatoes; Champiñones Rellenos – Jamon Iberico de Bellota stuffed mushrooms; and Cochinillo Y Pera – suckling pig and pears. The tasting menu will be available on June 6. Price is $60 per person and includes eight food offerings, four wine parings and a few surprises. Reservations are strongly encouraged.
13. Join SecretBurger on the strip for Chicken for Two. NoMad’s signature dish from New York is now being served at NoMad Las Vegas with a twist! This new version, which is just as tasty as the original, is available for a limited time only. Chicken is prepared by stuffing Parmesan, lemon, thyme, and brioche under the skin to give it a unique flavor. This whole chicken is roasted and served with a side of saffron rice. Tickets are $70 per guest, sales end June 7.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Tastes, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.