Here is roundup of the latest restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. MB Steak is celebrating World Whisky Day on May 19 with the Chicago Way Manhattan ($15) made with Templeton prohibition rye whiskey, St. George Americano, and Punt e Mes aperitivo.
2. Andre's Bistro & Bar is offering a new lunch experience titled A La Minute Menu. Menu highlights include a hot ham and cheese baguette, Andre's Cuban, a turkey club, artichoke and chicken salad, lobster rolls, E.B.L.T., a bistro dog with sauteed onions, quiche du jour, cobb salad, crudites with assorted vegetables, French onion soup, muffuletta, banh mi with housemade sausage, fudge brownies, tarts and more. Available 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
3. M Resorts is offering an "elevated culinary attraction" named 16 - A Handcrafted Experience. The intimate venue features floor-to-ceiling windows and an outdoor patio. It's the "ultimate" space to enjoy handcrafted cocktails and share plates in an intimate, upscale experience. The robust menu of signature, classic and mid-century modern cocktails are made from scratch. Shareable plates feature Wagyu, Australian lamb chops, scallops, short ribs and ramen soup.
4. 595 Craft and Kitchen will host a 595 Hop Highway dinner on May 24, featuring a menu from Cili’s Chef Josh Horton. The event will pair beers like Belching Beaver Hop Highway IPA with dishes including Jidori Chicken Thighs with cardamom cauliflower rice, bitter melon, prosciutto, and Thai basil sauce verte and Me Fantasy Island Coconut Brown Ale Nitro with Cape Grim Shortrib with chai, hibiki-galbi barbeque, elote, and sweet potato salad. Tickets are $65 per person.
5. Grimaldi's is celebrating National Wine Day with its exclusive Mille Gradi. The exclusive Tuscan blend was first started back in 2015 when the Grimaldi’s team traveled to Italy to craft a one-of-a-kind blend to pair with their signature pies. Glasses are $11 or $12 depending on location.
6. Sparrow + Wolf is bringing back the Champagne Campaign. Enjoy live music by Shaun DeGraff Band, special bites, well-priced bottles of Veuve Cliquot starting at just $60 at 8 p.m. and going up $10 every hour. Reservations required.
7. The Underground Lounge is now open at Hooters. The lounge provides a place for guests to chill and watch a game or just hang out with friends. The lounge offers an updated bar bood menu, including guest favorites such as Grilled Three Cheese Texas Toast ($9), Jalapeño Poppers ($10), Jim Beam Honey Barbeque Brisket Sandwich ($12), Chicken Wings ($13), Jim Beam Swiss Stuffed Bacon Sliders ($13), Frosted Flakes Chicken and Waffle Cones ($14) and more. Cocktails include the Whiskey Bite ($8), Kiss from a Dragon made with Hendricks gin ($8), The Devils Own made with Jim Beam Apple Whiskey ($8) and Pour Some Sugar On Me ($9) made with Templeton Prohibition Rye Whiskey.
8. Fractured Prune will celebrate National Doughnut Day May 28 through May 31 with a special offer. It's called Buy A Dozen ($15.99) Get A Dozen for $9.99. The featured doughnut on May 28 is the French Toast Doughnut, OC Sand Doughnut on May 29; Rocky Shores Doughnut on May 30, Birthday Cake Doughnut on May 31. Also, anyone wearing doughnut clothing will get a free doughnut. On June 1, everyone will get a free OC Sand Doughnut.
9. AquaKnox in Restaurant Row at The Venetian and Carlo's Bakery by TLC's Cake Boss in the Grand Canal Shoppes are celebrating National Doughnut Day on May 1. Celebrate with Mexican hot chocolate beignets at AquaKnox. Carlo's Bakery will offer several varieties of glazed and cake doughnuts. However, it's Buddy's filled doughnuts that steal the show.
10. PBR Rock Bar & Grill at the Miracle Mile Shops is returning to its roots with an interior renovation and new additions to its menu, famous for American comfort food and barbecue around the clock. Some of the new items include beef medallions, fried pickle spears, grilled salmon salad, cowboy rib-eye, chicken pot pie, brisket breakfast burrito, breakfast pizza, chicken & waffles, chocolate cake and more.
11. Therapy in Downtown Las Vegas has added some new dishes for the summer. They einclude shrimp ceviche, grilled corn on or off the cobb, a heirloom tomato and burrata salad, firecracker cups made with spicy shrump, brick chicken and duck confit. Several new cocktails are also now being served.
12. 7th & Carson will offer a 5-course, pre-show menu for guests attending the Tony and GRAMMY Award-winning musical "Hamilton" at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts. The specialty Hamilton menu begins with fresh hearth oven bread and dip and grilled pear and burrata salad along with tempura crab legs and eggs. Choice of entrée includes flatiron steak, wood roasted salmon or spring pea risotto. A chef’s nightly dessert will complete the evening and a glass of wine is included. Reservations required.
13. Vegans, Baby is offering its first vegan food tour June 2. The first tour will include 5 stops at restaurants in Downtown Las Vegas, including a dessert collaboration from two of Downtown's most popular spots, DonutBar and VegeNation. The tour is for people who are vegan or who just want to eat really good food. Cost is $87 per person.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send an email to email@example.com.