The following is a roundup of the latest restaurant news in Las Vegas:
1. Terra Rossa returned to the Red Rock Resort on Aug. 26. The all-new Terra Rossa brings an innovative approach to the neighborhood restaurant featuring a homage to Italian-inspired hearty classics and rustic flavors. Menu highlights will include sausage & peppers, veal parmesan, fresh pasta, hand-stretched wood-fired pizza, a stripling with lemon and herbs, chicken with blistered tomatoes, and swordfish in a white wine butter sauce and lemon.
2. Join Las Vegas-based Original Cocktail Club for their exclusive dinner experience at EDO Gastro Tapas & Wine on Aug. 29. This multi-course dinner will feature savory bites and drink pairings including the Xampi Relleno paired with EDO’s signature Hendrix Gin & Tonic; Beef Carpaccio with White Sangria; and the Granita with a specialty cocktail made of Whistling Andy Bourbon, Fernet Branca, salted caramel syrup and Angostura. Tickets are $60 and available on Eventbrite.
3. On August 31, Pour in the Alley, the popular monthly pop-up beverage experience will return to The Alley at Fergusons Downtown for an evening of vodka tasting and education under the stars. More than 20 varieties of vodka (both neat and in cocktail form) will be pouring, while locally prepared cuisine will be available for purchase. In addition to enjoying vodka, guests will experience live entertainment, community mixologist highlights, a speakeasy and mini hidden nightclub. Tickets start at $47 and are available on Eventbrite.
4. Cinnamon’s Las Vegas has a brand-new menu. The new menu features more Hawaiian favorites including the Cheeseburger Omelet ($10.99), Cinnamon Roll Pancakes ($6.75), and Tasha’s Guava Huli-Huli Chicken ($10.50).
5. The next stop on Ferraro’s Summer Regional Menu Series is Toscana, also known as Tuscany. The region is famous for its locally grown produce and meat. The four-course menu feature venison carpaccio or yellowish tuna tartare; spinach and ricotta cheese ravioli or hand-rolled pasta; sautéed shrimp or slow-roasted pork belly; and Siena cake with honey pastry creme. Cost is $49 plus per person.
6. Hamptons located at Tivoli Village is excited to announce their #TomahawkTuesdays! Every Tuesday for $100 (reg. $120) you are invited to experience their 34 day dry-aged 40 oz. Tomahawk Ribeye and your choice of 3 delicious sides OR a complimentary bottle Red or White Foley Family wine! Upgrade your experience to a bottle of 2016 Lancaster Estate for $75 additional (retail $245).
7. NoMad Bar at NoMad Las Vegas will host a four-course pig roast honoring the Year of the Pig for $75 on Sept. 3. The special feast, created by NoMad’s culinary team, will explore the variety of ways to enjoy the pig from snacks featuring Pork Belly and Avocado Lettuce Wraps, to larger format dishes such as the Porcelet Loin with peaches, peppers, and charred corn. Cost is $75 per person.
8. Explore Ancient Greek mythology and lore through Milos' Winemaker’s Table Dinner on Sept. 5 at Estiatorio Milos at The Cosmopolitan. For only $79, guests can experience a six-course feast of classic Greek fare alongside pairings of Greece’s most ancient and unique grape varieties. Dishes such as Greek Tomato Salad, Astako-Makaronada and Filet Mignon will each arrive with a hand-selected glass of wine and a story on the extraordinary grape’s rich history.
9. The Palm Restaurant invites guests on Sept. 9 to make a positive change in support of brain health during its special event, “Make a Memory at The Palm.” As part of a collaboration with the local nonprofit organization, Keep Memory Alive, The Palm will donate 10 % of all sales of lobsters, steaks, cocktails and more in support of the Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health.
10. A Hatch Green Chile feast is happening Sept. 11. DW Bistro, the beloved yet defunct Sloppi Jo’s Roving Eatery, and CraftHaus Brewery are teaming up, serving a one-day-only Hatch Chile feast featuring the DW BistroHatch Green Chile Slider with jack cheese, jalapeno bacon, heirloom tomato, crispy Vidalia shoestring onions on mini brioche; Sloppi Jo’s Hatch Red Chile Slider with Havarti cheese, crispy bacon, caramelized onions with cumin and Hatch red chile sauce; Mini Christmas Burrito with eggs, potato, bacon, cheese and red and green sauce (aka Xmas sauce); paired with a Hatch Green Chile Michelada with CraftHaus Brewery’s Silver State Blonde. Tickets are $35 and must be purchased before September 6 on SecretBurger.com.
11. Create a Change invites Las Vegans to join them at 5:45 p.m. Sept. 29 at the beautiful Jaguar Land Rover Las Vegas, overlooking the lights of the Vegas Strip, for 5Chefs 5Farms 5Courses annual benefit dinner. It’s an amazing lineup of our community’s best chefs, including for the 6th year in a row, Chef Donald Lemperle of VegeNation. Each chef will create a delicious and original plant-based dinner with veggies, fruits and herbs coming directly from local organic farms. Single, couple or table ticket options for dinner and wine pairings available HERE.
12. Ambra Italian Kitchen + Bar is now open at MGM Grand. . The Strip’s newest restaurant blends classic Italian fare and craft cocktails with its colorful surroundings, creating a fun and convivial dinner experience. Shareable starters include The Ambra Twoer stacked with king crab, loster tail, shrimp, oysters and scallops; prime beef tartare; and meatballs. Other menu items include lobster spaghetti, handmade ravioli. tomahawk ribeye, shrimp scampi, tiramisu and more. The restaurant also offers a speakeasy named Privata. Drinks include the 1850 Sazerac and 1940 Margarita.
13. The BOH Brawl is returning to the Sand Dollar Lounge on Sept. 14. The party starts at 10 p.m. with food trucks. The cocktail throwdown and cock fight starts at midnight. The chef showdown begins at 1 a.m. The chefs will be Brian Howard from Sparrow + Wolf and Nicolas Costagliola from Guy Savoy vs. Sean Farney from Aria and Kaoru Azeuchi from Kaiseki Yuzu.
If you would like to submit an item for consideration, send an email to email@example.com.