LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The following is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. The Palm inside Forum Shops at Caesars Palace has introduced several new dishes for Spring. Appetizers include blistered shishito peppers ($15) and burrata with shaved prosciutto ($16); a baby argula, frisbee and strawberry salad ($14); 8 oz. Strauss free raised and grass fed filet mignon ($58); rigatoni and shrimp ($42); and sugar snap peas with caramelized cipollini onions and duck-fat roasted parmesan and rosemary fingerling potatoes.
2. MB Steak at the Hard Rock will celebrate Passover by offering a special dinner featuring braised brisket served with roasted carrots, marble potatoes and horseradish gremolaqta for $42. Wine director and sommelier, Max MacPhail, suggests pairing Parcel 41 North Coast Merlot, priced at $15 per glass, with the dinner. Available April 19-27.
3. Forte Tapas has announced a new cocktail program. The new cocktails include the Smoked Vanilla Chai Old Fashioned – Bourbon stirred with Madagascar vanilla beans, house-made Chai syrup with a touch of lemon, bourbon barreled chocolate bitters, garnished with a Star Anise infused ice cube and a fresh orange peel, and cold smoked with cherry wood and served table side in the smoke box; Proof’s in the Poppy – spiced rum and Greenbar Poppy Amaro with pink peppercorn infused agave, grated ginger, fresh grapefruit and lime juice topped with house-made rose water and garnished with fresh flowers; and Buzzed Butterfly – Silver tequila with fresh brewed butterfly pea tea from Thailand and house-made luster dust syrup. When topped with lemon and lime juice, the cocktail turns from deep blue to fuchsia and is garnished with a buzz button from a Szechuan flower. The flower numbs the palette and gives the cocktail a totally different flavor profile. The new cocktails were created by the restaurant’s new mixologist Ashley Lewis.
4. Brass For Kitchen and Bar is now open at Palace Station. The 194-seat restaurant is open 24.7 and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu highlights include traditional and adventurous omelets; healthy and vegan items; a classic cafe breakfast; Cuban fries with mojo pork, flatbreads, sandwiches and burgers, New York steak frites and BBQ meatballs. The restaurant also has a variety of boozy and non-alcoholic shakes, fresh-pressed juices, an ice-cream cone station and gigantic chocolate-covered apples.
5. SG Bar is celebrating National Eggs Benedict Day on April 16 by highlighting the classic eggs Benedict for $13 at SG Bar. The toasted English muffin is topped with porchetta, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. For $14, try the SG Benedict, which includes two buttermilk biscuits topped with breakfast sausage, poached eggs, country gravy and cheddar cheese! Cabo Wabo Cantina is also celebrating with their CW Eggs Benedict. The dish takes a Tex-Mex twist on the classic breakfast staple, made with machaca and chorizo, melted pepper jack cheese and poached eggs on a freshly toasted English muffin, topped with hollandaise sauce.
6. Momofuku is suggesting some crave-worthy pork dishes in lieu of traditional Easter ham. They include The Bo Ssam which features slow-roasted pork shoulder with oysters, rice, Bibb lettuce, kimchi, hoisin, Ssam sauce, ginger scallion sauce and fresh herbs; pork belly buns featuring pork belly inside individual buns topped with hoisin sauce, scallions and cucumbers; or grilled pork chops served with crispy yams, horseradish and watercress.
7. Chef Gina Marinelli’s new Italian restaurant La Strega is now open in Summerlin. Marinelli’s menu showcases her personal interpretations of Italian cuisine infused with contemporary yet simple flavors. Menu highlights include raw selections such as Hamachi served crude style; reimagined pasta dishes like Rigatoni Bolognese with wild boar and chicken Milanese with polenta and dandelion greens; and a house-made donut filled with coconut budino and a Chianti Affogato. La Strega also features an expertly curated wine menu from former Giada sommelier, Stephanie Torres, and a handcrafted cocktail program. Meaning “witch” in Italian, La Strega’s ambiance bewitchingly transports guests to Italy the moment they step in the door. The restaurant will open at 4 p.m. beginning April 7.
8. Daniel Krohmen of Other Mama is opening two new restaurants in Fergusons Downtown — La Monja and Hatsumi . Le Monja is a Mexican restaurant with a fish market feel and Hatsumi is a Japanese robata-style restaurant. La Monja is scheduled to open by the end of year and Hatsumi will reportedly open soon after.
9. Norm’s Diner is now open in Henderson’s Champion Village. Norm’s is well known for its eggs Benedicts, including a classic egg Benedict; smoked salmon egg Benedict; filet of beef egg Benedict; and shrimp and avocado egg Benedict. The diner also offers chicken fried steak, a lox platter, several types of pancakes, a meatloaf parmesan sandwich and Monte Cristos, hamburgers, salads, wraps and paninis and $6.99 lunch specials.
10. Water Grill is scheduled to open this Summer at the Forum Shops at Caesars. The restaurant will feature a raw bar and chilled shellfish menu featuring Pacific and Eastern oysters, scallops, climbs, lobster and crab. The lunch and dinner menus will offer more than a dozen fish options. The Water Grill has been a Southern California seafood destination since 1989. It is opening in the former Spago space.
11. Cafe Lola , one of the most Instagram-worthy eateries in Las Vegas, has announced that it is expanding. The first location opened last May in Summerlin. The owners are now planning to expand to Henderson. The new location near St. Rose Parkway and Eastern Avenue is scheduled to open in August.
12. Rocker Sammy Hagar and chef, restauranteur and TV star Guy Fieri has collaborated to create a new tequila, Santo Fino Blanco, expected to launch in May.Santo Fino Blanco is handcrafted and made with 100 percent Blue Weber Agave. Acclaimed third-generation master distiller, Juan Eduardo Nunez, hand-selects the agave plants in the famed Jalisco highlands of Mexico. He creates proprietary recipes at the historic El Viejito Distillery, which was founded in 1937. Santo Fino Blanco joins Santo Puro Mezquila, the world’s first and only blend of tequila and mezcal, in the award-winning Los Santo family. It will be available from Southern Glazier's Wine & Spirits Nevada.
13. Maxie's at The LINQ Promenade has expanded its hours of operaiton. Maxie's will now be open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner starting at 8 a.m. In additiion, their over-the-top Instagrammable breakfast menu will be available from open to close.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send an email to email@example.com.