The latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley.
1. Andiron Steak & Sea in Downtown Summerlin will host an intimate dinner with Executive Chef Robert Camacho featuring premium Wagyu beef from Australia's top producers at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 21. Menu highlights include grilled skewers, classic tartare, Thai beef salad, slow-braised, bone-in short rib and brown butter pound cake. Cost is $65 per person. Optional wine pairing available for $35.
2. In celebration of their 2nd anniversary, Tom's Urban inside New York-New York is offering 50 percent off to anyone with a first name starting with the letter "T" (must have valid ID). In addition, all guests are invited to celebrate this momentous occasion with the Birthday Urban Pop Tart (house-made spin on the old classic made with a flaky crust, stuffed with various delicious fillings and topped with birthday sprinkles) and Sip-Me-I’m-Irish Mule cocktail (Jameson Irish whiskey, house-made ginger beer, fresh lime juice and mint).
3. Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers is celebrating the 92nd birthday of its co-founder and namesake, Freddy Simon, with 92-cent frozen custard treats through Feb. 26. Guests who visit participating Freddy’s restaurants during the celebration week can purchase a 92-cent single scoop of chocolate or vanilla frozen custard served in either a traditional cake cone or a dish. Fans are encouraged to send Freddy a personalized birthday message and photo through Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Well-wishers should use the hashtag #HappyBDayFreddy and tag @FreddysUSA for a chance to be featured on the restaurant’s official social media accounts. A new location opened recently near Charleston and Decatur boulevards.
4. Bahama Breeze is celebrating National Margarita Day on Feb. 22 by kicking off its 6 week Viva la 'Rita promotion. The Viva la 'Rita will be available for $2.22 all day at participating locations. As part of Viva la ’Rita ongoing festivities, Bahama Breeze will also host “Margarita Mondays” at select locations through April 9. Each Monday, guests can sip on $5 Classic Margaritas all day while enjoying live music, giveaways, and other surprises.
5. Cabo Wabo Cantina is celebrating National Margarita Day on Feb. 22 by featuring its signature frozen margaritas in a 14-ounce souvenir cup for $10. Flavors include signature margarita, strawberry and more.
6. The Lucky Dragon hotel-casino is hosting the Southwest Tea Festival on Feb. 25 and 26. The festival, born last year in Downtown 3rd street’s Farmer’s Market building, saw over 600 attendees that included local vendors, musicians, and tea experts. Festival goers will experience tastings, educational sessions, cuppings, pairings, and tea demonstrations from tea enthusiasts throughout the Southwest. One-day tickets are $30 and two-day tickets are $50.
7. The next Taste & Learn event at Ferraro's Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar will feature Castello di Monsanto and Villa di Capezzana wines alongside small plates prepared by Executive Chef Francesco DiCaudo. It is taking place from 4 to 6 p.m. Feb. 25. Cost is $65 per person inclusive. Call 702-364-5300 to make a reservation.
8. The Ultimate Steak & Whiskey event is underway at Smith & Wollensky's. Available now through March 19, the steakhouse is celebrating the spirit of the Irish with specialty cocktails and steaks including a reservation-only 30-day aged IrishAmerican Whiskey marinated Kansas City bone-in sirloin. Other specials include a 10-ounce filet mignon that is finished with a whiskey gastrique using IrishAmerican Classic Blend and Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur.
9. Aureole Las Vegas at Mandalay Bay is hosting a wine dinner on March 3 featuring Wine Spectator's Top Wines of 2016. Guests will have the opportunity to taste Wine Spectator's award-winning wines while sampling from Aureole Las Vegas' new tasting table experience menu. Tickets include unlimited wine tastings, Aureole menu items, entertainment and more. Tickets are $100 per person plus tax and gratuity.
10. Starting at $1.99, Station Casinos’ properties are now offering late night dining specials available from midnight to 5 a.m. at the Grand Cafes and Café Fiesta inside Fiesta Henderson. Menu choices include biscuits and gravy, a short stack, sirloin steak and eggs, and a bacon and egg skillet. Prices are valid with a Boarding Pass.
11. Wingstop has opened a new location at 641 Marks Street in Henderson. The wing experts at this new location will be saucing and tossing bone-in and boneless chicken wings as well as chicken tenders in 11 bold and craveable flavors daily from 10:30 a.m. to midnight.
12. Carson Kitchen in Downtown Las Vegas has opened its rooftop patio for dining on Thursday nights in addition to all day Fridays and Saturdays. Carson Kitchen's menu includes social plates featuring crispy chicken skins, bacon jam, tempura green beans and veal meatballs; butter burgers, a grilled veggie sandwich and jerk turkey burger; sea bass; pork chops; squid ink spaghetti and black rice and oxtail risotto; green, eggs & ham flatbread; and more.
13. The Oyster Bar, led by Executive Chef Bradley Manchester, is now open at the Hard Rock hotel-casino. The 16-seat, full-service restaurant and bar will fuse fresh oysters, seafood, produce and rich pan roasts with contemporary flavors as well as offer top-shelf, premium libations and beer. Signature dishes include calamari fries, fried oysters & pickles, classic pan roast, curried coconut seafood stew, shrimp and grits and fish and chips.
If you would like to submit an item for a future roundup, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.