The following is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. Mott 32 at The Venetian is celebrating the Chinese Valentine's Day with the Forbidden Rose cocktail. It is made with passion fruit puree and vanilla infused Macchu Pisco, the beautiful and fresh libation brings together the perfect flavors to celebrate a day of love. Cost is $18.
2. A lobster fest is being offered through Aug. 31 at NoMad Bar at Nomad Las Vegas. The presentation of lobster starts with snacks of tempura, ceviche and miso-glazed tail, followed by lobster chowder with corn, potatoes and cheddar biscuits and the main course of grilled lobster, served with lobster salad, runner beans, tomato and artichoke. The feast ends with a blueberry cobbler for dessert. Cost is $75 per person.
3. Farmer Boys' 2nd annual fundraiser for UMC Children's Hospital is underway. Now through Sept. 2, guests who donate $1 in-store will receive $1 off their next visit and guests who donate $5 in-store will receive a FREE Big Cheese burger on their next visit.
4. El Segundo Sol in the Fashion Show mall is now offering brunch for just $16.95. The Unlimited Chilaquiles Weekend Brunch is offered from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy building our own chilaquiles and a guacamole station. There will also be an amazing array of sauces available and refreshing pico de gallo.
5. La Strega in Summerlin has just started offering a fanciful brunch menu with a series of refreshing cocktails. Dishes includes Eggs in Purgatory (organic eggs, calabrian pomodoro, prosciutto, house bread -- $16), The Salumeria Panini (salumi, cherry pepper aoli, provolone, black olives -- $16), and pizzas like the Mortadella, (pistachio, fior di latte, poached egg). Cocktails include Appalonia (vanilla vodka, Licor 43, lemon, vanilla bean -- $13), Piper (limoncello, elderflower, prosecco -- $10), Frida (white rum, mango puree, mint -- $13) and Mary (tomato, lemon, olive, vodka, deviled egg -- $13).
6. Denny's, which is known for its affordable menu items, has introduced sirloin steak and eggs for only $8.99 ($10.99 in some markets). It's make with seasoned USDA choice sirloin steak, crispy hash browns and 2 eggs. It's only available for a limited time.
7. The latest Meet the Winemaker event at Morels Steakhouse & Bistro at The Venetian will feature Marcia Torres Forno, who is a winemaker at Matanzas Creek Winery in Napa Valley. Enjoy light bites and wine samples while chatting with Forno. Cost is $30 per person.
8. The annual One Drunk Puppy wine tasting event to benefit The Animal Foundation is happening Aug. 10 at the Silverton. Enjoy appetizers, wine and live entertainment while helping supporting the shelter.
9. Locale will begin serving brunch from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sunday starting Aug. 11. Menu items will include the Locale Burger with chianti mustard, habanero red pepper ketchup (choice of cheddar or gorgonzola dolce; chips or salad) ($15); Pane Frattau Pizza with sunny-side-up eggs, guanciale and chili ($16); Stuffed French Toast with ricotta, orange zest and fresh strawberries ($11); and the Locale Fritatta with broccoli rabe, corn, tomato and 24-month Galloni prosciutto ($10). Bottomless mimosas, bellini and rose available for $20 and Bloody Marys are $9 each.
10. MGM Grand is adding Ambra Italian Kitchen + Bar to its lineup this August. The restaurant will offer freshly-made pasta, artisanal libations and sensual sounds. The main bar will elevate popular drinks with an emphasis on flavors and ingredients found in Italy, while a hidden speakeasy will transport guests through liquid history, honoring the beloved classic cocktails that continue to inspire mixologists today.
11. Place on 7th is hosting a Wine Dinner an tour of Argentina on Aug. 14. Enjoy a 5-course dinner paired with wines from Piatelli Vineyards of Argentina. $65 per person.
12. Flights and Bites is a new educational beverage series at Franklin Lounge at Delano Las Vegas. A curated flight of spirits is paired with bites from one of the restaurants at Mandalay Bay or Delano. The Aug. 21 event will feature a Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey line-up and attendees will be guided through the experience by Whiskey Specialist Jennifer Holley. STRIPSTEAK small bites will be provided to complement and enhance the flavors of each expression. $35 for hotel guests, $45 for general admission, and $75 for VIP entry. Call (702) 632-7888 to make reservations.
13. Vetri Cucina by Marc Vetri atop Palms Casino Resort welcomes James Trees of Esther’s Kitchen and Ada’s for an exclusive four-course dinner as part of its ongoing local chef collaboration dinner series. The one-night event, taking place Aug. 20 at 7 p.m., will include special live entertainment by Chef Marc Vetri on the guitar and his friend singer and songwriter Phil Roy. Menu highlights include antipasti, quadruple pasta plate, saffron cavatelli with veal shank and bone marrow, pancetta-wrapped rabbit, grappa and watermelon "wooder" ice cream. Cost is $100 per person. A supplemental wine pairing can be purchased for $70, exclusive of gratuity and tax. For reservations, guests can reserve by calling 702.944.5900.
If you would like to submit an item for an upcoming 13 Tastes list, send an email to email@example.com.