Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. B&B Burger & Beer at The Venetian have announced its Spring burger special: The Lamb Burger. The burger is served on a potato bun and features spicy goat cheese, apricot mustard jam and grilled frisee. Cost is $17.
2. Border Grill at Mandalay Bay is launching a new monthly event: Border Grill patio Series. The one-of-a-kind events will fuse the restaurant's signature tastes with an outside element. The Spring Break Clam Bake featuring heaping portions of seafood and bottomless beer, sangria, margaritas and micheladas begins at 6 p.m. March 21. Cost is $79 inclusive. The Farm Fresh event on April 22 will feature local farmers and their produce. The Tour of Tequilas on May 19 invites guests to open their palate to the wide array of tequila classifications and brands and enjoy signature menu items. Amor a la Carte, a multi-course progressive dinner crafted by Love Kisser, will take place June 17.
3. Strip House Las Vegas has introduced the 305 Cocktail priced at $305 in honor of the Miami-based Pitbull's limited engagement at The AXIS inside Planet Hollywood. The high-end libation consists of the illustrious Diplomático Ambassador Rum, aged in white oak barrels for 12 years then an additional two years in Pedro Ximénez sherry casks along with Carpano Antica Vermouth and orange bitters. Remaining performance dates are March 16, 18, 19, 23, 25 and 26.
4. Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar in Summerlin is now offering several new seasonal menu items including cream of asparagus soup, a baby kale and hazelnut salad roasted asparagus and bacon pizza, a bone-in pork chop with sea salt roasted potatoes and Idaho trout and grilled asparagus. In addition, orange marmalade French toast has been added to weekend brunch and there are several new hand-crafter cocktails Lazy Dog has also announced a ND location this fall at Town Square Las Vegas.
5. Bistro 57 at Aliante hotel-casino is offering its second Italian cooking demonstration hosted by Chef Francesco de Furia on March 24. The evening will feature an interactive cooking lesson with each dish served to the guests upon completion. Menu highlights include panzanella salad, chicken breast, potato gnocchi, and tiramisu. Cost is $50 per person.
6. Cabo Wabo Cantina has introduced several spring cocktails include the key Lime Martini made with Sammy’s beach bar rum, Ke Ke liquor, lime juice, a hint of banana and served with a graham cracker crust; the Can’t Drive 55, a blend of Cabo Wabo Blanco tequila, Sammy’s beach bar rum, vodka, gin and splashes of lime, orange, pineapple and cranberry juices, finished with a touch of amaretto Disaronno; and the Vojito, a blend of Devotion Black & Blue vodka, fresh berries, fresh mint and lime juice.
7. Loco Cantina at Town Square has introduced the Don't Judge Me Happy Hour. The happy hour will take place from 3 to 7 p.m. every day. Menu includes $3 domestic drafts, $4 import and craft drafts, $5 well drinks and $6 house margaritas. In addition to these new specials, thirsty patrons can drink “over-the-top” 30- and 60-ounce cocktail concoctions with names such as Cactus Juice and Loco Envy, as well as more than 40 tequilas. Food is also available.
8. Desi Burrito, the first Indian drive-thru serving fresh, flavorful, healthy and innovative fast food, opened March 9 at 670 E. Flamingo Road. Menu highlights include burritos and burrito bowls; Indian street foods like Bhel Puri, Pani Puri, Samosas, Vada Pav and more; a robust breakfast menu; organic coffee and green tea and the famous Masala Chai; and more.
9. Via Brasil Steakhouse has introduced a couple of new menu items. The new ribeye special features a tender juicy cut is now a signature part of the Via Brasil Steakhouse rodizio menu. Via Brasil is also offering lobster tail and king crab legs as a new menu add on with the rodizio or gourmet salad bar meal. In addition, Via Brasil has added items to its Happy Hour cocktail menu. They include a rose wine and peach rose sangria, in-house infusion cocktails, and Sierra Nevada IPA and hard cider.
10. Cantina Laredo is hosting a four-course tequila dinner on March 19. Executive Chef Damon Workman will heat things up with a four-course meal, featuring fresh ingredients, savory sauces and bold spices. Each course will be complemented with a Don Julio tequila cocktail to create a winning combination for guests. Cost is $49.99 per person. Space is limited. Guests must call (702) 202-4511 and ask to speak with a manager. Online reservations will not be accepted for this event.
11. The Chicken and Waffle Pizza is the dish of the month at PBR Rock Bar & Grill. Country fried chicken and crispy waffles take the place of your more traditional toppings on this unconventional pizza. The whole thing is covered with maple syrup. Cost is $14.95.
12. Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf has introduced a trio of teas. They include: Pineapple Sweet Tea Ice Blended drink, Blood Orange Sweet Tea Ice Blended drink and Thai Tea Latte & Ice Blended drink. The Pineapple Sweet Tea Ice Blended drink combines the bold black flavor of Assam iced tea with fruity pineapple that is sweet with a slightly tart finish. The Blood Orange Sweet Tea There are multiple locations in the Las Vegas area.
13. Guests are invited to enjoy 50 percent off ravioli dishes March 20-23 in honor of National Ravioli Day at BRIO Tuscan Grille and BRAVO! Cucina Italiana. BRIO's ravioli dishes include Ravioli Di Bello (Portobello ravioli with crimini mushrooms), lobster & shrimp ravioli, and Ravioli Alla Vodka. Ravioli dishes at BRAVO! includes the crispy mozzarella ravioli appetizer, Lobster Ravioli Alla Vodka, and cheese ravioli and insalata.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send a press release to email@example.com.